Mad Dog

Default Merc classic 50 mods.

I have a Mercury Classic 50 inline 4-cylinder 2-cycle O/B motor,
not that i want to but if i did are there any mods. to be performed on this
motor to increase power.
I am new to boating but old to the hot-rod scene so curiosity has me,
if this motor is better off untouched what motor would be a good
platform for tweaking,port,polish,finger-ports,reed-valves,smoothbores
velocity stacks, expansion chambers...etc.etc.
Thanx for any and all replies

--
Mad Dog

1996 Merc 20hp starting then stopping and wont restart?? tom clark General 1 July 5th 04 09:57 PM
Merc 1250 runs :) ... boat slow :( Matt Lang General 6 April 15th 04 05:31 PM
Which engine for new pontoon, 60 hp merc BigFoot or 90 hp merc Jon General 15 February 6th 04 07:32 AM
Merc 50 mods Mad Dog General 2 October 17th 03 11:38 PM
FS: 2002 Klepper Aerius I Classic kayak kauai215 Touring 0 September 10th 03 09:51 AM