BoatBanter.com

-   Power Boat Racing (https://www.boatbanter.com/power-boat-racing/)
-   -   Merc classic 50 mods. (https://www.boatbanter.com/power-boat-racing/15253-merc-classic-50-mods.html)

Mad Dog October 15th 03 11:48 PM

Merc classic 50 mods.

I have a Mercury Classic 50 inline 4-cylinder 2-cycle O/B motor,
not that i want to but if i did are there any mods. to be performed on this
motor to increase power.
I am new to boating but old to the hot-rod scene so curiosity has me,
if this motor is better off untouched what motor would be a good
platform for tweaking,port,polish,finger-ports,reed-valves,smoothbores
velocity stacks, expansion chambers...etc.etc.
Thanx for any and all replies

--
Mad Dog