Default Thank you, my fellow Americans!

Really. The throbbing headache (figurative, of course) I've had for the
last eight years is beginning to subside, and I expect it'll be entirely
gone by the end of the third week of January 2009.

I don't have a long shopping list of "must-do" items for the incoming
president, and the ones that involved $$$ will have to be phased in
because of the lousy economic conditions. I'll be more than satisfied to
see the following measures that will have little negative impact on the
federal budget:

1. Shutting down of the Gitmo GULAG and either trials or release for the
remaining prisoners.

2. A swift winding down of our war effort in Iraq, and a ramping up of
our support for the Afghanis and the search for Osama.

3. Restoration of full diplomatic relations with Cuba.

4. Reaffirmation of habeas corpus.

5. Serious curtailment of the more onerous attacks on civil liberties in
the Patriot Act and ancillary measures.

6. Less confrontational and "righteous" foreign policy.

7. An end to the possibilities of weakening womens' reproductive rights.

8. A leveling of the playing field between employers and unions.

9. More serious enforcement of safety and environmental regulations.

10.An end to tax breaks for corporations that export manufacturing jobs.

And a year-long commission to establish parameters for a health
insurance program that includes all Americans who need access to quality
health care.

"Boater" wrote in message

Really. The throbbing headache (figurative, of course) I've had for the
last eight years is beginning to subside, and I expect it'll be entirely
gone by the end of the third week of January 2009.

Eight years?

Hey, anything was worth getting rid of your political cut and pastes of the
past 12 years.
You are welcome. :-)

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Really. The throbbing headache (figurative, of course) I've had for the
last eight years is beginning to subside, and I expect it'll be entirely
gone by the end of the third week of January 2009.

Eight years?

Hey, anything was worth getting rid of your political cut and pastes of the
past 12 years.
You are welcome. :-)

Eisboch

See...your vote for Obama does have an up side!

Looks like Kerry performed as expected...no boomlet for his opponent.

A bit south of you, looks like Joe L. is going to be pretty lonely,
unless the GOP wants to rebuild a more moderate party. If it does, he
could be its model.

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Really. The throbbing headache (figurative, of course) I've had for
the last eight years is beginning to subside, and I expect it'll be
entirely gone by the end of the third week of January 2009.

Eight years?

Hey, anything was worth getting rid of your political cut and pastes
of the past 12 years.
You are welcome. :-)

Eisboch

See...your vote for Obama does have an up side!

Looks like Kerry performed as expected...no boomlet for his opponent.

A bit south of you, looks like Joe L. is going to be pretty lonely,
unless the GOP wants to rebuild a more moderate party. If it does, he
could be its model.

The Republicans will move to the right over the next two years. They
have found that being lefties doens't get them anywhere.

"Boater" wrote in message

Looks like Kerry performed as expected...no boomlet for his opponent.

Please. I don't need heartburn at seven thirty in the morning.

Eisboch

BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Really. The throbbing headache (figurative, of course) I've had for
the last eight years is beginning to subside, and I expect it'll be
entirely gone by the end of the third week of January 2009.

Eight years?

Hey, anything was worth getting rid of your political cut and pastes
of the past 12 years.
You are welcome. :-)

Eisboch

See...your vote for Obama does have an up side!

Looks like Kerry performed as expected...no boomlet for his opponent.

A bit south of you, looks like Joe L. is going to be pretty lonely,
unless the GOP wants to rebuild a more moderate party. If it does, he
could be its model.

The Republicans will move to the right over the next two years. They
have found that being lefties doens't get them anywhere.

That's good news...the farther to the right the GOP moves, the more it
will become the party of Southern *white* men and the more irrelevant it
will be.

Maybe you should move to South Carolina, too, along with Herring.

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 07:29:58 -0500, Boater wrote:

A bit south of you, looks like Joe L. is going to be pretty lonely,
unless the GOP wants to rebuild a more moderate party. If it does, he
could be its model.

How the GOP responds is going to be quite interesting. Unfortunately,
many of the moderate voices were thrown out. On the plus side, McCain's
concession speech and his future actions, could go a long way in easing
the divisiveness that has plagued us recently.

Obama was given a pretty sizable mandate. If he uses it wisely, and
reaches across the aisle, we could recover from the past eight years,
sooner than later.

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Update your spreadsheet, I am moving to North Carolina.

Obama has a lot of promises to keep. If he doesn't keep those promises
he is going to be in a world of hurt with the people who elected him.

The question becomes who is really in charge, Pelosi, Reid, Obama?

BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

You'd like South Carolina more. North Carolina obviously is progressive.

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Really. The throbbing headache (figurative, of course) I've had for the
last eight years is beginning to subside, and I expect it'll be entirely
gone by the end of the third week of January 2009.

Eight years?

Hey, anything was worth getting rid of your political cut and pastes of the
past 12 years.
You are welcome. :-)

Eisboch

Eisboch,

I had to stop by just to see what political rhetoric was being posted
in rec.boats. It appears that most Republicans in here are being very
supportive of OUR new president, yet Harry is still slinging mud 12 yr
old mud.

If Harry bothered to volunteered to work for Obama, Maryland might have
gone to McCain. He might have volunteered to help with the Obama
campaign, but since the campaign was one of the best run campaign ever,
they told Harry "We need your help in posting 100 messages a day in
rec.boats. Heck there are almost 8 regulars in rec.boats, and you have
been very effective in selling the Democratic story.

My son worked on Obama's campaign, and one of the sent out messages to
have everyone on their email and telephone list, promise to call 5
voters and personally ask them to vote. My wife, who knew her vote
would not change the results in GA., left work early, just so she could
vote.

It appears that the Republican party has been taken over by the
religious right, if the Dem's are smart they will lean towards the
center, and they will be in charge for a long time. Last night, I
looked at the election map and compared the election results with the US
education map. Most of the states with the lowest high school grad
rate, the lowest SAT scores, the lowest ACT scores, went to McCain.
Most of the states with the highest high school grad rate, those with
the best rated colleges and universities, those with the highest ACT and
SAT scores voted for Obama. If the Repub's want to regain control, they
need to make a drastic change

Americans are an odd lot TJ[_3_] General 0 September 1st 08 12:56 PM
Harry Krause remembered, A charming fellow Jim General 19 February 9th 08 12:05 AM
Fellow Rinker boat owners ( the 232 to be axact) Wayne Redick General 1 August 26th 05 01:11 PM
Fellow Texans Joe ASA 10 September 22nd 04 01:32 AM
OT all Americans Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 September 8th 04 07:25 PM