Default 53-42

"JohnH" wrote in message

FWIW, my older daughter was born in Bad Kreuznach, Germany. She had dual
citizenship until age 21. At that point she chose to be a US citizen, even
though Harry was living in the country at the time.

Similar situation with our daughter. She was born in Italy in a US Navy
Hospital in Naples.
She held dual Italian/American citizenship until the age of 18. No action
was required at that point, unless she had wanted to be an Italian citizen
only. In that case she would have renounced her American citizenship.

By default, at 18, her Italian citizenship was renounced and she became an
American citizen.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JohnH" wrote in message

FWIW, my older daughter was born in Bad Kreuznach, Germany. She had dual
citizenship until age 21. At that point she chose to be a US citizen,
even
though Harry was living in the country at the time.

Similar situation with our daughter. She was born in Italy in a US Navy
Hospital in Naples.
She held dual Italian/American citizenship until the age of 18. No
action was required at that point, unless she had wanted to be an Italian
citizen only. In that case she would have renounced her American
citizenship.

By default, at 18, her Italian citizenship was renounced and she became an
American citizen.

Eisboch

Is she *natural* or *naturalized*? 8)

Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:

There is no Constitutional requirement to provide the documentation
you want.
There is a Constitutional requirement to be a natural born citizen
of the US of A to be the President. Therefore there is an implied
requirement that you provide proof that you meet the requirement.
There is, eh? Got cites?

Article II, Section 1.
Wrong, Palin-breath. There's not a word in there about providing proof.

Further, there are questions over the term "natural born." George
Romney, for example, sought his party's nomination in 1968. He was a
citizen of the United States born abroad (in Mexico). Lowell Weicker, a
U.S. Senator from my home state, made a brief run for the nomination in
1980. He was a born abroad, too.
What's your point? Article II, Section 1 states the requirement.
Implicit in the requirement is providing proof. You can parse the words
any way you want.

Yeah? Please provide us with a list of those Presidents who have provided
"proof."

The question on the table is where was Obama born? All we want to see is a
copy of his original birth certificate, not a printout from a database.

Wait until after the election, and then travel to Washington....all the way
to the White House (that does have a nice ring to it).
Tell them you want proof and won't leave until Obama produces it

It's a 30 minute drive, asshole.

BAR wrote:
Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:

[...]

Not from your house, unless you're doing it at 2:30 AM on a weeknight in
the middle of winter.

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:31:24 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .

FWIW, my older daughter was born in Bad Kreuznach, Germany. She had dual
citizenship until age 21. At that point she chose to be a US citizen, even
though Harry was living in the country at the time.

Similar situation with our daughter. She was born in Italy in a US Navy
Hospital in Naples.
She held dual Italian/American citizenship until the age of 18. No action
was required at that point, unless she had wanted to be an Italian citizen
only. In that case she would have renounced her American citizenship.

By default, at 18, her Italian citizenship was renounced and she became an
American citizen.

Eisboch

I thought it was 21, but when I read your response I called my daughter.
You're right, it was 18. She doesn't remember what she went through, so it
couldn't have been much. I think she got a notice saying if she did nothing
she'd be a US citizen. I was in Germany at the time and she was living with
her mom.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

"BAR" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message