Boater Boater is offline

Default 53-42

BAR wrote:
Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:

There is no Constitutional requirement to provide the
documentation you want.
There is a Constitutional requirement to be a natural born
citizen of the US of A to be the President. Therefore there is
an implied requirement that you provide proof that you meet the
requirement.
There is, eh? Got cites?

Article II, Section 1.
Wrong, Palin-breath. There's not a word in there about providing
proof.

Further, there are questions over the term "natural born." George
Romney, for example, sought his party's nomination in 1968. He was
a citizen of the United States born abroad (in Mexico). Lowell
Weicker, a U.S. Senator from my home state, made a brief run for
the nomination in 1980. He was a born abroad, too.
What's your point? Article II, Section 1 states the requirement.
Implicit in the requirement is providing proof. You can parse the
words any way you want.

Yeah? Please provide us with a list of those Presidents who have
provided "proof."
The question on the table is where was Obama born? All we want to see
is a copy of his original birth certificate, not a printout from a
database.

Wait until after the election, and then travel to Washington....all
the way to the White House (that does have a nice ring to it).
Tell them you want proof and won't leave until Obama produces it

It's a 30 minute drive, asshole.

Not from your house, unless you're doing it at 2:30 AM on a weeknight in
the middle of winter.