Default Makin my vote count

wrote:
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:19:18 -0400, Boater

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 15:08:30 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I find it amazing and disgusting that the Obama campaign has raised nearly
(if not over) a billion dollars to run for president.
Think about that. A billion dollars. Out-spent McCain by over four to
one.

Eisboch
The biggest effect of that is how much the networks are in the bag for
Obama. After all he is one of their biggest advertisers and we know
they always want to make the advertisers happy.
I noticed the day of the Infomercial Obama got a 7 minute interview
with Williams and no real questions, McCain just got a 4 minute
segment where an infobabe told us how bad his campaign was going.

So...you fellows are against capitalism, eh?

Let's just see how it goes. Obama has a half a billion favors to pay
back and the rich people will be at the head of the line.
As long as we let money decide elections, don't be surprised when the
monied people get all the breaks.

I didn't see the seven minute Williams interview nor the four minute
McCain segment. This past week, though, I noticed that both CNN and
MSNBC devoted a lot of news time in the day segments to McCain and
Palin, whose every appearance was dominated mostly by their trashing
Obama and bringing up Joe the Non-Licensed Plumber. Not much news in that.
Senior Member

On Nov 2, 12:01*am, wrote:
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 22:14:34 -0400, Boater
wrote:

I didn't see the seven minute Williams interview nor the four minute
McCain segment. This past week, though, I noticed that both CNN and
MSNBC devoted a lot of news time in the day segments to McCain and
Palin, whose every appearance was dominated mostly by their trashing
Obama and bringing up Joe the Non-Licensed Plumber. Not much news in that.

Obama didn't buy $5 million dollars worth of time on CNN, coincidence?
maybe

Whatever point you are trying to make here, well, I don't know what it is.

I believe the ad money Obama is spending is also buying a lot of bias.
You just gave me an example. I am sure if it was McCain who had all
the money they would be throwing him soft balls and lots of free air
time.

Maybe the GOP will be a little more accepting of restoring the equal
time rule now. Personally I don't like candidates sold like beer on
TV. It is the TV money that corrupts these guys. You don't need a half
a billion dollars for buttons and bumper stickers.
Until we get the money incentive out of these races you are just
encouraging legal bribery. *The problems is that this is such a cash
cow for the networks they will fight it tooth and nail. 90% of the
billion spent on this cycle went to a half dozen media companies.
Nobody saw ONE thing of value in an ad that they didn't see dozens of
times in interviews on the various news shows.

The biggest problem is, like the Clintons before him, we really don't
know who is buying Obama. They have done everything to allow as many
illegal contributions as they can to the campaign. There are literally
millions of undocumented dollars coming in, and every means of
tracking them has been eliminated by the Obama staff. Of course they
know Pelosi and Reid won't allow an investigation, remember William
Jefferson, with the $90,000 in his freezer.. But take poor Joe the
Plumber? Quite a contrast now, huh?

"Boater" wrote in message

McCain is running the dirtiest campaign since Nixon's CREEP. That is not
the fault of Obama or his ability to raise campaign funds.

You keep saying that, yet many of your contemporaries, like Chris Mathews,
are expressing amazement that McCain didn't get down and dirty with Obama,
particularly on the Rev. Wright issue.

No, McCain didn't run a particularly dirty campaign. Some of his supporters
in isolated areas did some stupid things, but so did Obama's. Neither have
leashes on everyone.

You have the habit and style of repeating things over and over until they
become facts in your mind. So do many of the third string pundits.

Eisboch

wrote:

[...]

It's not "bias" when the cable TV networks show the candidates
delivering their stump speeches, and virtually all McCan and Palin do is
attack their opponents in theirs. That what I was referring to...and the
coverage has nothing to do with the money being spent. The cable
stations play most of the stump speeches of both sides.

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

McCain is running the dirtiest campaign since Nixon's CREEP. That is not
the fault of Obama or his ability to raise campaign funds.

You keep saying that, yet many of your contemporaries, like Chris Mathews,
are expressing amazement that McCain didn't get down and dirty with Obama,
particularly on the Rev. Wright issue.

No, McCain didn't run a particularly dirty campaign. Some of his supporters
in isolated areas did some stupid things, but so did Obama's. Neither have
leashes on everyone.

You have the habit and style of repeating things over and over until they
become facts in your mind. So do many of the third string pundits.

Eisboch

You're not living in a contested state or next to one. I do. I see lots
of McCain television commercials you do not. All McCain does is
attack-attack-attack. Dirty.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

McCain is running the dirtiest campaign since Nixon's CREEP. That is not
the fault of Obama or his ability to raise campaign funds.

You keep saying that, yet many of your contemporaries, like Chris
Mathews, are expressing amazement that McCain didn't get down and dirty
with Obama, particularly on the Rev. Wright issue.

No, McCain didn't run a particularly dirty campaign. Some of his
supporters in isolated areas did some stupid things, but so did Obama's.
Neither have leashes on everyone.

You have the habit and style of repeating things over and over until they
become facts in your mind. So do many of the third string pundits.

Eisboch

You're not living in a contested state or next to one. I do. I see lots of
McCain television commercials you do not. All McCain does is
attack-attack-attack. Dirty.

I live in Florida, a *hotly* contested state and I don't see much of
anything out of the *ordinary*.

At this stage of the campaign it's all pretty boring, nothing new, and
Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

McCain is running the dirtiest campaign since Nixon's CREEP. That is not
the fault of Obama or his ability to raise campaign funds.

You keep saying that, yet many of your contemporaries, like Chris
Mathews, are expressing amazement that McCain didn't get down and dirty
with Obama, particularly on the Rev. Wright issue.

No, McCain didn't run a particularly dirty campaign. Some of his
supporters in isolated areas did some stupid things, but so did Obama's.
Neither have leashes on everyone.

You have the habit and style of repeating things over and over until they
become facts in your mind. So do many of the third string pundits.

Eisboch

You're not living in a contested state or next to one. I do. I see lots of
McCain television commercials you do not. All McCain does is
attack-attack-attack. Dirty.

Your are correct. My state was Obama from the get-go. Not even worth
voting in. But, my point was that even political fanatics like Mathews has
commented that McCain himself has not run a particularly "dirty" campaign.
He made that point last night and indicated that he was quite amazed by it.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Well, we all have our perceptions...I think McCain and Palin have run a
slimeball campaign the likes of which I have not seen since CREEP.
Apparently the public doesn't really like that sort of crap much
anymore. Add to that the weakness of McCain himself as a candidate, his
poor judgment, his doddering and hopefully, on Tuesday, McCain and the
GOP will be blown out of the water.

Sarah Palin - nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

McCain is running the dirtiest campaign since Nixon's CREEP. That is
not the fault of Obama or his ability to raise campaign funds.

You keep saying that, yet many of your contemporaries, like Chris
Mathews, are expressing amazement that McCain didn't get down and
dirty with Obama, particularly on the Rev. Wright issue.

No, McCain didn't run a particularly dirty campaign. Some of his
supporters in isolated areas did some stupid things, but so did
Obama's. Neither have leashes on everyone.

You have the habit and style of repeating things over and over until
they become facts in your mind. So do many of the third string pundits.

Eisboch

You're not living in a contested state or next to one. I do. I see lots
of McCain television commercials you do not. All McCain does is
attack-attack-attack. Dirty.

Harry your view of McCain is through a tinted lens. I see the same ads
that you do and you believe that stating the truth about your party's
candidate is an attack. You truly are a partisan hack.

Final count - USA-9 CAN - 7 Scotty ASA 3 February 28th 06 05:40 AM
does your vote count? Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 November 4th 04 06:58 PM
Bush critics do not count Joe ASA 6 October 8th 04 04:09 PM