Default Does McCain ever do anything but put down Obama?

I swear everything I see from him is all about how wrong or bad things will
be if Obama gets elected. That's his entire message these days.

jamesgangnc wrote:
I swear everything I see from him is all about how wrong or bad things will
be if Obama gets elected. That's his entire message these days.

McPalin are running the most bizarre big league campaign I have ever seen.

Yesterday, I saw two McPalin commercials back to back. The first was the
usual McCain attack ad and then right afterwards came a McCain
commerical in which Obama was praising McCain for some stand of the
latter's on environmental policy...so the viewer was left with...
"Obama is a bum" followed by "Hey, Obama thinks I'm a good guy."

Schizophrenic, possibly?

McCain looks like a tired old man, doddering about on the stage. Hes's
got no ideas, no plans, just attacks. And he's got a running mate
intelligent women wouldn't trust to babysit their kids. The number of
GOP bigwigs who think she is competent for the office she seeks is
shrinking daily.

All McPalin can really do these days is attack Obama. It's their only hope.

I am waiting for McCain to tell us all about his "plan" to catch Osama
bin Laden, the "plan" he has been telling us for months that he has. If
he loses Tuesday, do you suppose he will share the secret with the Bush
Admin or the transition team?

McCain reminds me of the fictional Frank Skeffington. If you haven't
read it, check out Edwin O'Connor's "The Last Hurrah." It's a terrific
book.
MMC MMC is offline

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
I swear everything I see from him is all about how wrong or bad things will
be if Obama gets elected. That's his entire message these days.

That's all he's got left and it's a shame- I used to think a lot more of him
than I do now.

mmc wrote:
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
I swear everything I see from him is all about how wrong or bad things will
be if Obama gets elected. That's his entire message these days.

That's all he's got left and it's a shame- I used to think a lot more of him
than I do now.

He's turned out to be a totally unlikable guy. At least Bob Dole had
some dignity and humor in defeat.

"Boater" wrote in message
mmc wrote:
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
I swear everything I see from him is all about how wrong or bad things
will be if Obama gets elected. That's his entire message these days.

That's all he's got left and it's a shame- I used to think a lot more of
him than I do now.

He's turned out to be a totally unlikable guy. At least Bob Dole had some
dignity and humor in defeat.

McCain is loyal to his supporters and I suspect he feels that he let them
down.
His supporters were often critical of him during the campaign for not "going
after Obama" more aggressively.
I think much of what is going on now is for the benefit of his troops.

Two things have all but killed his chances:

1. The economy tanked on Sept 15th.
2. He was up against a smooth, motivational style speaker.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
mmc wrote:
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
I swear everything I see from him is all about how wrong or bad things
will be if Obama gets elected. That's his entire message these days.

That's all he's got left and it's a shame- I used to think a lot more of
him than I do now.

He's turned out to be a totally unlikable guy. At least Bob Dole had some
dignity and humor in defeat.

McCain is loyal to his supporters and I suspect he feels that he let them
down.
His supporters were often critical of him during the campaign for not "going
after Obama" more aggressively.
I think much of what is going on now is for the benefit of his troops.

Two things have all but killed his chances:

1. The economy tanked on Sept 15th.
2. He was up against a smooth, motivational style speaker.

Eisboch

There's a lot more than "two things" working against McCain. One of the
biggest is McCain himself: old, doddering, ornery, bereft of ideas,
disconnected, bad judgment, and negativity.

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:33:52 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Two things have all but killed his chances:

1. The economy tanked on Sept 15th.
2. He was up against a smooth, motivational style speaker.

Clearly, those didn't help McCain, but from where I sit, he ran a very
poor campaign. I would put Palin as his biggest problem. Not because of
the inadequate vetting, but because she was picked to appeal to his
"base". Republicans that think they can pull the country to the right,
are wrong. This country is ruled from the center. It's the nature of a
two party system.

The sad part is McCain is one of the more bipartisan Senators. His
Maverick status was attractive to many Independents and some Democrats.
IMO, his mistake was in shifting to the right. He should have been
dragging his "base" along to the center.

"Boater" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

Two things have all but killed his chances:

1. The economy tanked on Sept 15th.
2. He was up against a smooth, motivational style speaker.

Eisboch

There's a lot more than "two things" working against McCain. One of the
biggest is McCain himself: old, doddering, ornery, bereft of ideas,
disconnected, bad judgment, and negativity.

Of the two reasons (above) the economy crashing was the most significant.
Before that, McCain held an overall lead and, without the crash, would
probably be elected next week.

There's another reason, and one that the networks and media will be thinking
about in the future.

Mika Brzezinski spoke of it almost apologetically this morning on "Morning
Joe".
Her point was that the nomination of the first Afro-American as a major
party candidate became "the story" of this election cycle and overall the
media has been very biased towards Obama in their coverage of the two
candidates.

The whole system, including the media, has become corrupt. Networks like
MSNBC should make it clear that shows like Olbermann's "Countdown" are not
news resources and are not journalistic in nature. Huntley and Brinkley
would roll over in their graves if they saw his show.

"Goodnight, David"
"Goodnight, Chet"

Eisboch

wrote in message
t...

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:33:52 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Two things have all but killed his chances:

1. The economy tanked on Sept 15th.
2. He was up against a smooth, motivational style speaker.

Clearly, those didn't help McCain, but from where I sit, he ran a very
poor campaign. I would put Palin as his biggest problem. Not because of
the inadequate vetting, but because she was picked to appeal to his
"base". Republicans that think they can pull the country to the right,
are wrong. This country is ruled from the center. It's the nature of a
two party system.

You may be correct, but for purposes of his campaign, visibility in the
press and resultant poll numbers, Palin didn't hurt him. To the contrary,
she contributed to a significant "bounce". Note, I said for "purposes of
his campaign". I am not commenting on her qualifications.

Even now, as more information is available and her popularity has dropped
off a bit, McCain's standings in the polls are still helped with her on the
ticket.

Eisboch

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 15:15:03 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Even now, as more information is available and her popularity has
dropped off a bit, McCain's standings in the polls are still helped with
her on the ticket.

But where? These numbers may not be accurate anymore, but several months
back, the electorate was basically divide up as 1/3 Republicans, 1/3
Democrats, and 1/3 Independents. To win, McCain needs significant
Independents, and needs to poach some Democrats. I'll agree Palin
pleases many Republicans, but I haven't heard one Democrat say anything
good about her. We'll have to wait until Tuesday to see how the
Independents go. If McCain had gone with his first choice, Lieberman, I
think this would have been a much closer race. In many ways, Palin has
been a distraction.

OT McCain and Obama together Capt. JG ASA 0 October 17th 08 05:34 AM
Health care under McCain, Obama Charles Momsen ASA 0 October 11th 08 05:24 PM
please not McCain Ken Marino ASA 1 October 8th 08 01:28 AM
Obama in Germany, McCain in German Restaurant... HK General 1 July 24th 08 08:08 PM