Boater Boater is offline

Default Does McCain ever do anything but put down Obama?

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
mmc wrote:
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
I swear everything I see from him is all about how wrong or bad things
will be if Obama gets elected. That's his entire message these days.

That's all he's got left and it's a shame- I used to think a lot more of
him than I do now.

He's turned out to be a totally unlikable guy. At least Bob Dole had some
dignity and humor in defeat.

McCain is loyal to his supporters and I suspect he feels that he let them
down.
His supporters were often critical of him during the campaign for not "going
after Obama" more aggressively.
I think much of what is going on now is for the benefit of his troops.

Two things have all but killed his chances:

1. The economy tanked on Sept 15th.
2. He was up against a smooth, motivational style speaker.

Eisboch

There's a lot more than "two things" working against McCain. One of the
biggest is McCain himself: old, doddering, ornery, bereft of ideas,
disconnected, bad judgment, and negativity.