Default For the video experts here....

Here is a link from Microsoft explaining about why it's media player
does not play MPEG2 videos without extra software. If you computer came
preloaded with Roxio, or Intervideo you may not be aware of the problems
as the extra codecs are loaded with them. If you load windows clean and
stock your DVD Player does not automatically play these files. On the
Microsoft site there are 4 links in particular where you can get the
extra codecs, but note, none of them are free...

So, if anyone is interested in learning about these issues here is the
paragraph, and the link:

Here is the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/en-us

And here is a clip of the paragraph:

However, MPEG-1 system streams do not exclusively use the .mpg and .mpeg
extensions. MPEG-2 program streams also frequently use .mpg and .mpeg
file extensions, but they contain MPEG-2-encoded video. Because
Microsoft Windows operating systems provide only an MPEG-1 video
decoder, Windows Media Player cannot play MPEG-2 program streams without
an additional MPEG-2 video decoder (also known as a DVD decoder pack)
installed. For more information about purchasing DVD decoder packs,
visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/plugins.aspx

Rowdy Mouse Racing, in case some of you weren't paying attention...

SmallBoats.com wrote:
[...]

Crikey, all manner of software is available to resolve these issues at
little or no cost. Stop being a crybaby, do a little research, download
a program and get on to some issue that matters.

Asshole.

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:59:55 -0400, Boater wrote:

Asshole.

Looking in a mirror, Harry?

--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

JohnH wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:59:55 -0400, Boater wrote:

Asshole.

Looking in a mirror, Harry?

No, I was looking at a photo of you on a motorcycle. Asshole.
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

Asshole.

Looking in a mirror, Harry?

No, I was looking at a photo of you on a motorcycle. Asshole.

My word. You are infatuated with him, aren't you. Forget it. He's
married and not gay, I presume.

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:29:51 -0400, WaIIy wrote:

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:35:42 -0400, "SmallBoats.com"
wrote:

[...]

Just more MS "features".

There are tons of free players out there.

I like GOM Player myself.

Ssshhhhh - don't ruin it. He's learning new words - unfortunately, he
hasn't learned the defnitions yet.

It's like CODEC sounds so cool and stuff and you can use it in
semi-literate conversations with semi-literate morons who don't have a
clue - makes you sound smart.

By comparison.

wrote:

[...]

Wow, what got up your ass? I am not the one working on this, my wife is.
Sorry we are not up to your standards, and yet, you still have not
given us any intelligent answers, only troll posts..

wrote:

[...]

Oh, btw, I have been real sick lately, we got robbed, the wife is having
medical problems, want to kick us around for that too? I don't know what
your problem is, I have always been decent to you. Just because I don't
understand something you do you got to be a jerk, get over yourself Tom...

wrote:

[...]

Man, I have always been decent to you. You know we are having a tough
time this summer. I have let you have some fun at my expense and never
outed you when I knew you were full of crap, I have been a good friend.
I never thought you would need to kick me around to feel better about
yourself, but apparently you are no different than the other fake
friends we have had to deal with lately. I would never turn on a friend
like that, my dad raised me better. Loyalty is a trait my family takes
pretty seriously, you and I have talked about that before, you know
that. You are not the man I thought you were...

plonk

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:18:48 -0400, "SmallBoats.com"
wrote:

Sorry we are not up to your standards, and yet, you still have not
given us any intelligent answers, only troll posts..

1 - You aren't listening.

2 - I have given you at least three, maybe even four direct answers to
your questions.

a. - Purchase a camcorder that uses tape instead of hard drives or SD
cards because the output is .avi.

b. You can use the rename file trick on MOD/MOI files (regardless of
what you read on the innertubes) and it works just fine with no loss
in compression. I do that at least once or twice a week now that I'm
working on a heavy duty fly tying series for my web site.

c. MOD files are mpeg2 files because that is the default/defacto
standard for DVD. There isn't any other way to state it. The fact
that Microsoft handles video in a strange way, does not mean that the
standard has changed.

d. I offered you a full suite of professional software to handle this
as I don't use it anymore - I use Adobe now - for free I might add, no
money because of your "situation" and being a nice guy and your still
****ing and moaning about converting MOD/MOI files.

So now who is being a "troll"?

When you are serious about getting real answers to a percieved
problem, get back to me.

Otherwise, shut the **** up.