Default For engine experts

Hi

Have two mercruiser 5.0l engines about 250 hrs on them, one runs fine
the other runs hot. The engine gets hot after 45 min of running at
crusing speed, then it starts to lose power and oil pressure drops a
bit(one noch down, not in critcal zone). Had both water pumps changed
before the problem arrived. I have noticed that the problem engine also
takes more fuel then the other engine. Oil level is fine, what should I
be checking?

They are sterndrives

Clear hose on the water inlet will tell the story. If Bravo, attach a clear
hose on the inlet between the outdrive and sea water pump, lots of air, then
there is a leak in the water hose. Air in clear hose between sea water pump
and engine, indicates bad water pump or housing.

If alpha, lots of air in clear hose between drive and engine indicates water
pump or housing in outdrive.

If no air in clear hose, then check for belt slippage on circulator pump.

If all this sounds greek to you then you need to get help from a pro.

Ron Knapik

wrote in message
oups.com...
They are sterndrives

Start here.... seems like cause and effect - no???

-W

wrote in message
ups.com...

Had both water pumps changed
before the problem arrived.

Thanks I will check it out and see what happens