Default ssb question for you experts

Is there a way to get weatherfax on my computer using the grundig
yachtboy 400 pe as a receiver?

have only researched this lightly, and sounds like it should be
feasable, rather than working it out myself, am thinking someone has
already been there.

as always, any input appreciated!!

thanks

Joe

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:01:41 -0300, no onecares
wrote:

Is there a way to get weatherfax on my computer using the grundig
yachtboy 400 pe as a receiver?

Yes, if you have a sound card compatible with JVCOMM software,
otherwise you will also need to purchase an interface/modem to go
between the receiver and computer. You can get a free trial download.

http://www.jvcomm.de/mainframee.html

krj krj is offline

no onecares wrote:
Is there a way to get weatherfax on my computer using the grundig
yachtboy 400 pe as a receiver?

have only researched this lightly, and sounds like it should be
feasable, rather than working it out myself, am thinking someone has
already been there.

as always, any input appreciated!!

thanks

Joe

Get Seatty http://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/seatty/

On 11 Mar 2007 15:01:26 -0700, "joseph"
wrote:

Weatherfax For Windows by XAXERO can be purchased with a demodulator
that can be plugged into the radio to receive faxes. Just Google it.

I first bought Xaxero's Weatherfax for Windows in 1995. I now have the
2000 version. Works well with same demodulator but was wondering if
anyone has done a comparison and if there is anything better.

cheers
Peter

no onecares wrote in
news
Is there a way to get weatherfax on my computer using the grundig
yachtboy 400 pe as a receiver?

Sure. Run an audio cable from the Yachboy's earphone jack to the LINE IN
jack on your computer. Then just run one of the WEFAX programs like
SeaTTY, etc. listed he
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Software/Weather_and_FAX/
to decode the audio into the picture for printing...

Remember ONE WEFAX is EIGHT minutes long....It's all REALLY slow and seems
to take forever to start the next picture....It ain't broadband...(c;

Larry
--
How much price inflation is caused by illegal
aliens gobbling up goods and services, creating

Weatherfax For Windows by XAXERO can be purchased with a demodulator
that can be plugged into the radio to receive faxes. Just Google it.

"no onecares" wrote in message
news
Is there a way to get weatherfax on my computer using the grundig
yachtboy 400 pe as a receiver?

have only researched this lightly, and sounds like it should be
feasable, rather than working it out myself, am thinking someone has
already been there.

as always, any input appreciated!!

thanks

Joe

I had better luck with SeaTTY than with JVComm. I think the soundcard in
most laptops or desktops will probably work.
One thing that threw me off was the time at which the wefax single was
broadcast. Some of the broadcast times listed online were not correct.

krj krj is offline

Get the latest schedule he http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/fax/hfgulf.txt

One thing that threw me off was the time at which the wefax single was
broadcast. Some of the broadcast times listed online were not correct. ...

Also the schedule will show center frequencies. Set your radio to SSB
mode and search for the signal around 1.7 kHz down the dial. My
experience with my small radio is that the built in antenna is not
very useful. A cheap dipole that you can run up the rig might be an
easy and worthwhile upgrade (try http://www.hamradio.com/ for a
start).

-- Tom.

On Mar 11, 8:01 am, no onecares wrote:
Is there a way to get weatherfax on my computer using the grundig
yachtboy 400 pe as a receiver?

have only researched this lightly, and sounds like it should be
feasable, rather than working it out myself, am thinking someone has
already been there.

as always, any input appreciated!!

thanks

Joe

lots of info; we went linux on our nav comps in the oil biz cause it
was way more reliable and fixing HW was much cheaper.
http://www.physiol.usyd.edu.au/daved/papers/2000/sail/
http://www.ac6v.com/software.htm#LIN
http://www.gianora-hsu.ch/Products/S...d_software.htm

Some places to look at.