Default I Killed My Dog Today.

Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

Sorry to hear that Vic. It doesn't help to say you did the right thing,
but you did.
A friend here on this NG sent this a few years ago. I never forgot it.

http://www.medi-vet.com/DogPrayer.html

Eisboch

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:30:28 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Sorry to hear that Vic. It doesn't help to say you did the right thing,
but you did.
A friend here on this NG sent this a few years ago. I never forgot it.

http://www.medi-vet.com/DogPrayer.html

Thanks for that.
"Keep my pan filled with fresh water,
for although I should not reproach you were it dry,
I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst."

Casey didn't quite fit that mold.
She'd kick that water bowl across the kitchen until she woke us up.
Filling it before we went to bed was a human trick she taught us.

--Vic

Vic Smith wrote:
Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

Sucks, doesn't it? I've had to put two pets down so far because they got
old and sick. My condolences.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:12:47 -0400, Boater
wrote:

Sucks, doesn't it? I've had to put two pets down so far because they got
old and sick. My condolences.

Thanks. Yeah, it sucks.
It can hit harder than you expect.
Damn dogs.

--Vic

I Killed My Dog Today.
(Vic*Smith)wrote
Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open, not
a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they say
so. I don't want to make the decision for them. She was only about 12
years old, and the muscles in her hips were almost gone. A big mutt.
Smartest dog I've seen. The meds didn't seem to slow down her
deterioration. She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.
--Vic

I'm very sorry to hear that Vic, My condolances.
My dog turned 12 yesterday, we've had him since he was 6 weeks old, and
I dread the day I have to go thru the pain of your loss.
He's a Chesapeake, and is dealing with same thing your Girl went thru.
We recently put him on deramaxx and I'm pretty sure its giving him some
relief, but it could just be wishful thinking on my part.
UD

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

Casey didn't quite fit that mold.
She'd kick that water bowl across the kitchen until she woke us up.
Filling it before we went to bed was a human trick she taught us.

--Vic

She ever have pups?

I think I may have one of them. He's smarter than me by far. Only took
him about a year to get me well trained.

Eisboch

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:31:47 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

She'd kick that water bowl across the kitchen until she woke us up.
Filling it before we went to bed was a human trick she taught us.

Our five cats and two dogs all drink from the same 10 gal fishtank.
One food dish, of course.

Casady

wrote:

Sucks, doesn't it? I've had to put two pets down so far because they got
old and sick. My condolences.

Thanks. Yeah, it sucks.
It can hit harder than you expect.
Damn dogs.

--Vic

I did that with an Irish Setter we had many years ago.
It was tough holding the dog as the vet did his thing. Hard to believe how
fast and quite they go. Sure hope they don't feel any pain.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:21:21 -0700, (UglyDan®©™)
wrote:

I Killed My Dog Today.
(VicÂ*Smith)wrote
[...]

Good luck with your Chessie, UD.
What bothers me is I think she could have lasted maybe another half
year. But the ****ing was just too much. Almost wish I could have
built a house outside for her, even heated it if I had to.
She loved being outside and reading the air.
Even though she was hobbling, and going a bit soft in the head, her
nose was still working like crazy when I took her for her last walk.
She had beautiful eyes. I'll never forget them.
Think she was a Golden/Collie mix. Her hair will be around for years.
I feel I should have done better by her. But it's too late.
If you can, let your dog make the decision.

--Vic