UglyDan®©™ UglyDan®©™ is offline

Default I Killed My Dog Today.

I Killed My Dog Today.
(Vic*Smith)wrote
Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open, not
a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they say
so. I don't want to make the decision for them. She was only about 12
years old, and the muscles in her hips were almost gone. A big mutt.
Smartest dog I've seen. The meds didn't seem to slow down her
deterioration. She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.
--Vic

I'm very sorry to hear that Vic, My condolances.
My dog turned 12 yesterday, we've had him since he was 6 weeks old, and
I dread the day I have to go thru the pain of your loss.
He's a Chesapeake, and is dealing with same thing your Girl went thru.
We recently put him on deramaxx and I'm pretty sure its giving him some
relief, but it could just be wishful thinking on my part.
UD