Default I Killed My Dog Today.

On Oct 18, 12:24*pm, Vic Smith
wrote:
Damn. *Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. *I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. *A big mutt. *Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. *She didn't want to go.
I killed her. *It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

So sad, sorry for your loss, Vic.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:24:14 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

Sorry to read about your loss Vic.

wrote:

Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

It was right. I did the same to my Lab a couple years ago. You can't take
the blame for what nature intended. You provided the dog a good home for
lots of years. You'll miss the dog for a long time, and every so often
you'll tear up thinking of her. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

You did the right thing. Good job.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

wrote:

Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

PS. Here's a poem my wife found and put in the back of the scrapbook she
made for me. If it makes you cry a little, that's OK. It makes me cry every
time I look at the scrapbook. Read it slowly.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:26:22 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:21:21 -0700, (UglyDan®©™)
wrote:

I Killed My Dog Today.
(Vic*Smith)wrote
Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open, not
a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they say
so. I don't want to make the decision for them. She was only about 12
years old, and the muscles in her hips were almost gone. A big mutt.
Smartest dog I've seen. The meds didn't seem to slow down her
deterioration. She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.
--Vic

I'm very sorry to hear that Vic, My condolances.
My dog turned 12 yesterday, we've had him since he was 6 weeks old, and
I dread the day I have to go thru the pain of your loss.
He's a Chesapeake, and is dealing with same thing your Girl went thru.
We recently put him on deramaxx and I'm pretty sure its giving him some
relief, but it could just be wishful thinking on my part.
UD

Good luck with your Chessie, UD.
What bothers me is I think she could have lasted maybe another half
year. But the ****ing was just too much. Almost wish I could have
built a house outside for her, even heated it if I had to.
She loved being outside and reading the air.
Even though she was hobbling, and going a bit soft in the head, her
nose was still working like crazy when I took her for her last walk.
She had beautiful eyes. I'll never forget them.
Think she was a Golden/Collie mix. Her hair will be around for years.
I feel I should have done better by her. But it's too late.
If you can, let your dog make the decision.

--Vic

Vic, I expect the ****ing was bothering her more than it bothered you. Dogs
know when they're doing something that's not right. And I swear they feel
guilt when they do it. You did her a favor.

Vic Smith wrote:
Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

I had to do that for my last dog, liver cancer... You did the right
thing, and you should know it. I swore I would never do it again, then I
adopted an abused doggie I have now and I know I will have to. My dog
looked at me and "asked me why" I wished I could have told her...

Hang in there, remember the good times. You did the right thing.

Scotty

wrote:

[...]

My dog knew.. She was border trained and never left the yard for 14
years. The day before I took her out we were in the back yard with the
kids, it was snowing and she barked and looked at us. She took us on
about a three mile walk through the woods and fields, came home and
curled up by the couch.. She knew. I held her in my arms for about a
half hour after, crying, the vet let me stay there on the floor with her
until I could get up and walk..

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:52:41 GMT, JohnH wrote:

PS. Here's a poem my wife found and put in the back of the scrapbook she
made for me. If it makes you cry a little, that's OK. It makes me cry every
time I look at the scrapbook. Read it slowly.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Thanks for that, John. And thanks to Loogy, Don, Scottie, Jim for
your words and thoughts about your dogs.
Seems stupid in the bigger scheme of things, and I never confuse dogs
with people. Hell, this could be the last year for my dad.
It so happened my dad called from Florida to see if my trip down there
next week was still on, right after I got back from the vet.
I told him I put Casey down, then I couldn't talk, and told him I'd
call him back. Took a few minutes to get ahold of myself.
First thing he said when I called back, was he understood how I felt.
"Your dog is a family member."
That about covers it.

--Vic
MMC MMC is offline

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Damn. Never did it before.
Vet squeezed the syringe, and she was gone in 15 seconds, eyes open,
not a sound.
I won't have another dog I can't keep outside and let die when they
say so. I don't want to make the decision for them.
She was only about 12 years old, and the muscles in her hips were
almost gone. A big mutt. Smartest dog I've seen.
The meds didn't seem to slow down her deterioration.
She was ****ing in the house, and couldn't walk good.
Sure, they say dogs don't show the pain, so you have to put them down.
Doesn't matter. She didn't want to go.
I killed her. It ain't right.
Damn, I miss her.

--Vic

Sorry to hear that Vic. It's a hard thing to have to do.