posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

Default Obama again wins "debate"

John

The records, she said, showed he voted Republican in the March primary.

JC

John, I would hope she meant registered Rep. and not voted Rep. I'd like to
think it's still a secret ballot.

Best,
Steve

--

Regards,
Steve Saling

http://tinyurl.com/2avg58

Garlicdude wrote:
John

The records, she said, showed he voted Republican in the March
primary.

JC

John, I would hope she meant registered Rep. and not voted Rep. I'd
like to think it's still a secret ballot.

You can either vote in the republican primary or the Dem but not both in
Ohio.
It's either or.
Nobody keeps track of who you vote for specifically.

--

'Tater

posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

"Garlicdude" wrote in message
valleyinternet...
John

The records, she said, showed he voted Republican in the March primary.

JC

John, I would hope she meant registered Rep. and not voted Rep. I'd like
to think it's still a secret ballot.

Best,
Steve

Ohio has a strange primary system, but if you're registered Republican after
you come out of the primary voting booth, they know you voted Republican and
the whole world can know it, if they're interested. It doesn't matter how
you were registered *before* you voted in the primary.

However, that only applies to the primary, and they don't know *which*
Republican you voted for in the primary.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Garlicdude" wrote in message
valleyinternet...
John

The records, she said, showed he voted Republican in the March
primary.

JC

John, I would hope she meant registered Rep. and not voted Rep. I'd
like to think it's still a secret ballot.

Best,
Steve

Ohio has a strange primary system, but if you're registered
Republican after you come out of the primary voting booth, they know
you voted Republican and the whole world can know it, if they're
interested. It doesn't matter how you were registered *before* you
voted in the primary.

I don't know how many states are like this Ed but in those that are you get
one ballot or the other.
They keep track to prevent voting in both.

--

Dick

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Garlicdude" wrote in message
valleyinternet...
John
The records, she said, showed he voted Republican in the March primary.

JC

John, I would hope she meant registered Rep. and not voted Rep. I'd like
to think it's still a secret ballot.

Best,
Steve

Ohio has a strange primary system, but if you're registered Republican after
you come out of the primary voting booth, they know you voted Republican and
the whole world can know it, if they're interested. It doesn't matter how
you were registered *before* you voted in the primary.

However, that only applies to the primary, and they don't know *which*
Republican you voted for in the primary.

Here in Maryland you can get the voter rolls and find out who is
registered and which party they are registered in and whether they voted
in the Democrat or Republican primary or presidential election in the
last two elections.

"Dick 'Tater" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

Right. I don't mean to imply there's anything wrong with the system, only
that you can change your registration on the spot by requesting a ballot for
a party for which you're not registered. If you do that, it automatically
switches your registration to that of the party for which you requested a
ballot.

It looks like a good system to me. It's just that you don't have to
pre-register for a particular party.

--
Ed Huntress

"BAR" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

Same here in NJ. My son's girlfriend had an internship in Washington with
the RNC last spring, and she looked me up -- 'knew I was registered
Republican, which primaries I voted in, and which elections I voted in. I
think she was able to go back for decades.

--
Ed Huntress

Obama again wins "debate" Jim General 15 October 18th 08 01:40 PM
Obama again wins "debate" Jim General 0 October 16th 08 10:55 PM
Obama again wins "debate" Jim General 1 October 16th 08 10:31 PM
Obama again wins "debate" Jim General 1 October 16th 08 10:24 PM