Jim Jim is offline

Default Obama again wins "debate"

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Buerste" wrote in message
"Cliff" wrote in message
news Obama again wins "debate"
Per CNN poll by about 2 to 1 this time.
snip

When do I get my cut of "Joe Plumber's" money?

Never, unless Joe starts netting more than $250,000 year off
of his plumbing business, which seems unlikely after listening
to Joe. However, if he *does* reach it, I'm going into
plumbing right away.

If the small tax increase he'll be exposed to after he reaches
$250,000, until he gets up into the $1 million/year category,
really is enough to keep him from buying the business, then
Joe doesn't have enough behind him to go into business at all.

--
Ed Huntress

A. Joe's real first name is not Joe.
B. He's a registered Republican.

And your point is what? He asked a perfectly valid question of a
candidate for POTUS.

As more and more comes out on "Joe," he's going to become another
embarrassment to the McCain campaign. Hell, he's not even a plumber.

Sure he's a plumber. Your problem with him is that he isn't a
union plumber.

He's unlicensed, apparently. He's not a plumber. Anyone can call
himself or herself a plumber, even someone like you. That doesn't
make him a plumber. Plumbing is a licensed trade.

He doesn't have to be licensed he works under the direction of a
licensed plumber.

Are you saying he is enrolled in some sort of recognized
apprenticeship program?

Perhaps you'd hire him to work on your house. I wouldn't. I wouldn't
hire an unlicensed electrician or plumber. Of course, dirtbags like
you have no respect for skilled workers. Skilled workers in these
fields are licensed or are working towards a license.

Do you know if your MD's graduated at the bottom of their class? Did
they barely meet the standard for their license requirements?

Why aren't automotive mechanics licensed?

The licensing of plumbers is under discussion here. Try to stay with it,
hey?

Wait a minute. You mean it's not OK to take an OT topic OT? News to me.

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:15:44 -0400, Jim wrote:

He's unlicensed, apparently. He's not a plumber. Anyone can call
himself or herself a plumber, even someone like you. That doesn't
make him a plumber. Plumbing is a licensed trade.

He doesn't have to be licensed he works under the direction of a
licensed plumber.

Turns out his boss isn't licensed either. Mr. Loudmouth probably just
put himself and his boss out of business. Of course McCain helped!

Oh, and it turns out neither he or his boss make anywhere near $250k.
He now says that he was upset with Obama's proposal because he has a
dream of making 250k someday, and he thinks Obama's plan will kill his
dream in case he ever actually achieves it.