Jim Jim is offline

Default religion and politics

HK wrote:
Jim wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
Well, not exactly. Barry fans need to see the truth.

http://tinyurl.com/466aye
Here's the deal, keep your religion out of my government and I'll
keep my government out of your religion.
It's not my religion. It's not your government. No deal.
Well Jim, as an American I do lay claim to the government. So either
you're not from here or don't understand the concept. The government
is supposed to work for us, we put the political leaders in office
and we pay for it, so yes, it does belong to us. Our politicians
represent us- it's called Democracy.
Our biggest problem is we don't pay attention to what the government
does in our name and FAR too many of us are too willing to follow
along blindly and allow corrupt trash to remain in office for decades
because it's what our Party tells us is best.
Blind loyalty to your Party is a lot like religion- follow along
blindly and don't ask questions, cause the only proof you're likely
to find, if you're super lucky, may be a likeness of Jesus in your
grilled cheese sandwich.

If I were you I would be ashamed to claim government yours, in its
current condition. Be wary of his agenda. Little is known about the
man and what we do know should make middle class America cringe at the
thought of that guy as our president. Can we count on your vote for
John McCain? He wants to try to fix The U.S. Government. Barry wants
to grow the government and spread political corruption and greed. Also
95% of congress needs to be fired. I'll allow for 5% of them being
honest and representing the people that elected them. Eliminate pork
or earmarks or what ever you want to call it. There should be laws
against the practice.

Thank you for your time and
God bless America

Shouldn't you be at the McPalin rally, shouting out that Obama is an
Arab, along with the rest of the simple-minded base?

Do you think it would help, Dottie

mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
Well, not exactly. Barry fans need to see the truth.

http://tinyurl.com/466aye
Here's the deal, keep your religion out of my government and I'll keep my
government out of your religion.

It's not my religion. It's not your government. No deal.

Well Jim, as an American I do lay claim to the government. So either you're
not from here or don't understand the concept. The government is supposed to
work for us, we put the political leaders in office and we pay for it, so
yes, it does belong to us. Our politicians represent us- it's called
Democracy.

You can call it what you want, in reality it is a representative republic.

Our biggest problem is we don't pay attention to what the government does in
our name and FAR too many of us are too willing to follow along blindly and
allow corrupt trash to remain in office for decades because it's what our
Party tells us is best.
Blind loyalty to your Party is a lot like religion- follow along blindly and
don't ask questions, cause the only proof you're likely to find, if you're
super lucky, may be a likeness of Jesus in your grilled cheese sandwich.

Or Karl Marx or Vladimir Lenin in your latte.

..
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

HK wrote:
Jim wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

I didn't know Obama was an Arab.
Jim Jim is offline

BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
Jim wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

I didn't either until HARRIE BROUGHT IT UP.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:05:13 -0400, Jim wrote:

BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
Jim wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

So, you don't think Harry is a liar, and you take him at his word?

MMC MMC is offline

"Jim" wrote in message
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

I'm ashamed of the some of the actions of our government but not in our form
of government or idealism. It has been horribly abused by the many of the
people we put there to represent us.
If the past 8 years has taught us nothing else, hopefully we've learned that
we need a balanced government, one that represents us all and not one party-
either party.
I'll say again, it's too damn bad that we, the maybe-has-been leading nation
of the free world, have only 2 parties. Sure does limit the choices when
voting.
I think the 2 party system works for a lot of people because we've become a
society of sound bites and the easy path. Too bad.
I agree 100% about the pork. This practice should abolished along with
lobbying. And the electoral collage. and primaries. and, and, and.
Washington should be better than "the best government money can buy".
I respect McCain for his service and sacrifices but as a vet, I deplore his
non-support of vet issues.
I do not support Bush. My reasons are multiple but the biggest is the
failure to go after Al Queda in Afghanistan and focusing on Iraq instead.
McCain's strong support of Bush's mistakes scares the hell out me. How does
he distance himself from the mess he's had a hand in making for the last 3
decades?
No, you can't count on my vote. The only one I'd jump for joy over is Ron
Paul and he was buried by the media and the GOP.
I beleive what a friend told me, both candidates are busy making campaign
promises that neither will be able to bring to fruition. How can either
promise to cut taxes while continuing important programs AND balance the
budget? How do you cut your income and pay off the bills when you can't get
by on what you earn?
I agree with Vic Smith, no matter how it comes out there is no place I'd
rather be. A couple weeks on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica or Nicaragua
wouldn't hurt though!
Did I ever tell you of the time I went bottom fishing (in a boat) from the
"Cabinas Hermosa" hotel ($25 for a double, $5 extra for A/C which was hit or
miss, maybe hot water-maybe not) on Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste Province, NE
Pacific coast)? You have to check your shoes for red crabs and the white
faced capuchin monkeys were terrible thieves, taking glasses, pill bottles,
cigarettes whatever was left within reach, but those were the only hazards.
4 of us on the boat, caught a beautiful roosterfish (+/- 15 lbs) a couple
yellowtail looking fish and snagged a small octopus. That was between the 4
of us. $15 per person for the fishing trip on a 22' open v-hull, no
electronics- the Captain triangulated between points on the shore to find
the reef.
The hotel owner, an Italian guy who spoke less English than I do Italian (we
conversered in broken American accent Spanish and broken Italian accented
Spanish, complete with hand gestures) cooked up the fish in a great
tomato/garlic/onion sauce and fed everyone (fishermen, families and boat
crew) free.
Chocolate sands, nice waves, crystal clear water and good beer (German
heritage)!
Besides reliving a nice memory, I wanted to put something about a boat in
with my political ramblings for DB.
This is starting to sound like a civil conversation. I look forward to more.

MMC MMC is offline

"BAR" wrote in message
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

I don't get it. Am I commie if I don't vote McCain? If I stay registered
Republican, can I still call myself a patriot?
Smells like the manure spread during the 2004 election.
I don't drink latte. I drink coffee- black- doesn't matter how old. The
Navy, C-rats and later MREs killed my taste buds.
I wouldn't pay 4 bucks for a cup of yuppy coffee anyway unless it came with
a sandwich or a piece of pie.

wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:05:13 -0400, Jim wrote:

BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
Jim wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

Is he lying or telling the truth? What do you think?

..

O/T Religion in the UK jlrogers ASA 0 May 24th 07 12:47 PM
Politics vs. Religion Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 September 21st 03 12:58 AM