Default religion and politics

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
Well, not exactly. Barry fans need to see the truth.

http://tinyurl.com/466aye

Here's the deal, keep your religion out of my government and I'll
keep my government out of your religion.

Now there's an idea...separation of religion and state. I wonder if
it will catch on...

Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. The USA was based
upon a belief in a God.

Freedom *from * religion in the government and laws of the land. As
for the most significant founding fathers, get back to us when you
understand the difference between deism and fideism. The founding
fathers were mostly deists.

Show me in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights where you are
guaranteed freedom from religion.

Nice try with the deist, fidelism tangent.

Idiot.

You can't support your argument? Start with the name calling.

BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

It's fideism, idiot, not fidelism.

Why would I want to "support" my arguments with you? I don't care what
you believe or how you vote.

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

Sure you do. If you didn't care you wouldn't bother responding to any of
my posts. You have a disease.
Jim Jim is offline

mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
Well, not exactly. Barry fans need to see the truth.

http://tinyurl.com/466aye

Here's the deal, keep your religion out of my government and I'll keep my
government out of your religion.

It's not my religion. It's not your government. No deal.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:09:54 -0400, BAR wrote:

Boater wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
Well, not exactly. Barry fans need to see the truth.

http://tinyurl.com/466aye

Here's the deal, keep your religion out of my government and I'll keep
my government out of your religion.

Now there's an idea...separation of religion and state. I wonder if it
will catch on...

Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. The USA was based upon a
belief in a God.

In EVERY instance in the history of the world, whenever religion and
government have mingled, the government ultimately ended up "owning"
the religion, and governing it as well.

Be careful what you ask for.

MMC MMC is offline

"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
Well, not exactly. Barry fans need to see the truth.

http://tinyurl.com/466aye

Here's the deal, keep your religion out of my government and I'll keep my
government out of your religion.

It's not my religion. It's not your government. No deal.

Well Jim, as an American I do lay claim to the government. So either you're
not from here or don't understand the concept. The government is supposed to
work for us, we put the political leaders in office and we pay for it, so
yes, it does belong to us. Our politicians represent us- it's called
Democracy.
Our biggest problem is we don't pay attention to what the government does in
our name and FAR too many of us are too willing to follow along blindly and
allow corrupt trash to remain in office for decades because it's what our
Party tells us is best.
Blind loyalty to your Party is a lot like religion- follow along blindly and
don't ask questions, cause the only proof you're likely to find, if you're
super lucky, may be a likeness of Jesus in your grilled cheese sandwich.

..
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]
Jim Jim is offline

mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

If I were you I would be ashamed to claim government yours, in its
current condition. Be wary of his agenda. Little is known about the man
and what we do know should make middle class America cringe at the
thought of that guy as our president. Can we count on your vote for John
McCain? He wants to try to fix The U.S. Government. Barry wants to grow
the government and spread political corruption and greed. Also 95% of
congress needs to be fired. I'll allow for 5% of them being honest and
representing the people that elected them. Eliminate pork or earmarks or
what ever you want to call it. There should be laws against the practice.

Thank you for your time and
God bless America
HK HK is offline

Jim wrote:
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

Shouldn't you be at the McPalin rally, shouting out that Obama is an
Arab, along with the rest of the simple-minded base?

O/T Religion in the UK jlrogers ASA 0 May 24th 07 12:47 PM
Politics vs. Religion Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 September 21st 03 12:58 AM