BAR[_3_] BAR[_3_] is offline

Default religion and politics

mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
mmc wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
.com...
Well, not exactly. Barry fans need to see the truth.

http://tinyurl.com/466aye
Here's the deal, keep your religion out of my government and I'll keep my
government out of your religion.

It's not my religion. It's not your government. No deal.

Well Jim, as an American I do lay claim to the government. So either you're
not from here or don't understand the concept. The government is supposed to
work for us, we put the political leaders in office and we pay for it, so
yes, it does belong to us. Our politicians represent us- it's called
Democracy.

You can call it what you want, in reality it is a representative republic.

Our biggest problem is we don't pay attention to what the government does in
our name and FAR too many of us are too willing to follow along blindly and
allow corrupt trash to remain in office for decades because it's what our
Party tells us is best.
Blind loyalty to your Party is a lot like religion- follow along blindly and
don't ask questions, cause the only proof you're likely to find, if you're
super lucky, may be a likeness of Jesus in your grilled cheese sandwich.

Or Karl Marx or Vladimir Lenin in your latte.