Default Doing my part

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:29:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Just dropped by to let ya'll know I am doing my part to conserve energy.

New ride:

http://eisboch.com/bus.html

(although still has a Porsche designed engine)

Looks nice but be careful. They are top heavy and have a lot of
windage. A buddy of mine had one in college. We were cruising down
the interstate one day after a snow storm when he got hit by a wind
gust and pushed into the snow bank on the right hand side of the road.
The bus tripped over the snow bank and we rolled over 1 1/2 times,
fortunately with only minor damage to the bus and ourselves. Just
another debit on my 9 lives account.

It really needs some flower decals and a peace symbol on the sides.

:-)
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 13, 10:15*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:29:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Just dropped by to let ya'll know I am doing my part to conserve energy.

New ride:

http://eisboch.com/bus.html

(although still has a Porsche designed engine)

Looks nice but be careful. * They are top heavy and have a lot of
windage. * A buddy of mine had one in college. * We were cruising down
the interstate one day after a snow storm when he got hit by a wind
gust and pushed into the snow bank on the right hand side of the road.
The bus tripped over the snow bank and we rolled over 1 1/2 times,
fortunately with only minor damage to the bus and ourselves. *Just
another debit on my 9 lives account.

It really needs some flower decals and a peace symbol on the sides. *

:-)

Or convert it into a hotdog stand

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/IE-5G...__kNl_XdKi6SNA

Or ice cream vendor

http://61dc.com/?p=14

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:42:12 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Oct 12, 10:53 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
Just dropped by to let ya'll know I am doing my part to conserve energy.

New ride:

http://eisboch.com/bus.html

(although still has a Porsche designed engine)

Do us a favor and don't drive it when there is ice and snow.

Actually, they do pretty well in the ice and snow. Like the bug, the
floor of those things is like a sled, and with the independant reas
suspenion, the wheels still dig deep in the snow with the body sliding
along in the surface.

Front wheels act like a rudder. I've seen those things go through some
deplorable conditions.

But one draw back, is the heaters don't work worth a hoot.

Which is why I'll never drive it in the ice and snow.

I had a Fiat 850 Coupe for a while. Rear engine, independent rear
suspension. I can confirm that the front tires don't work very well as
rudders. In any kind of snow of 3 or 4 inches or more, it didn't turn.
The front end just skidded merrily along in the direction of original
travel.

High school friend had a '64 Corvair that did the same thing. He and I
were cruising in a snowstorm and approached a very gentle turn in the road.
The car didn't turn. Or stop. We went off the road, up somebody's driveway
and smacked into the rear of a car parked there. Fortunately, we were only
going about 20 mph and the damage wasn't too bad.

Eisboch

When a kid, I discovered the same feature on an MG my dad was repairing. I
took it for a spin in the snow. It did the same thing into a telephone pole
on the corner. My dad was not a happy camper.
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

"Tim" wrote in message
On Oct 12, 10:53 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

With a little body work, you can combine two of your passions:

http://tinyurl.com/4x52n3
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

John H wrote:

..

..

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:29:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Just dropped by to let ya'll know I am doing my part to conserve energy.

New ride:

http://eisboch.com/bus.html

(although still has a Porsche designed engine)

Looks nice but be careful. They are top heavy and have a lot of
windage. A buddy of mine had one in college. We were cruising down
the interstate one day after a snow storm when he got hit by a wind
gust and pushed into the snow bank on the right hand side of the road.
The bus tripped over the snow bank and we rolled over 1 1/2 times,
fortunately with only minor damage to the bus and ourselves. Just
another debit on my 9 lives account.

It really needs some flower decals and a peace symbol on the sides.

:-)

I have tried to find a picture of the VW I had as a kid. It was an 81 I
think. Lime green with a big key that sat on a box attached to the rear
end, from the factory. One time we pulled into a bluegrass fest and
about a dozen drunks chased us around the parking lot trying to wind up
the car...

..

On Oct 14, 8:15*am, "SmallBoats.com"
wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

the car...- Hide quoted text -

My wife had a Pinto with the Rolls Royce grill on front!!!

wrote:

..