posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default is this dead or what?

I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:33:31 -0500, Dan Valleskey
wrote:

I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Ten years and still reading. But you're right, it's pretty dead.
Didn't I see a post from Myron not long ago? I suspect there are a
few others who still hope against hope for a live group again.
Tom in MD
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

I miss Scott (ok, I really don't miss him but sometimes he was entertaining
with his netwit comments...)

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

I miss Scott (ok, I really don't miss him but sometimes he was entertaining
with his netwit comments...)

I had to go look him up for old times sakes...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...1b243c8e1f5985

Seems to me he lost the property though and hasn't been back much since...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
http://www.chicagopaddling.org http://www.chicagofishing.org
(A Non-Commercial Web Site: No Sponsors, No Paid Ads and Nothing to Sell)

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 6, 6:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

not dead exactly but it seems that no one actually talks much in
summer and fall.
during the winter it seems to pickup a bit.
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

*Ten years and still reading. * But you're right, it's pretty dead.
Didn't I see a post from Myron not long ago? * I suspect there are a
few others who still hope against hope for a live group again.
* Tom in MD

Yeah, I posted something as a test balloon, and got no replies.

I miss the old rbp also, and I don't find Boatertalk to be a good
substitute. Too many folks there...too many 'experts' with a narrow
range of experience, and the posting style (content in the header)
seems too much like a group SMS-fest.

I still have some great stuff to share, if rbp wasn't so dead. Summer
of 2006 I ran the first descent of the Delger-Muron river in Outer
Mongolia...I owe Canoe&Kayak magazine an article on it, but I never
got around to writing it...

--riverman
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:
[...]

I still check in regularly, but have moved mostly to Yahoo activity
specific groups. Usenet was a great forum in its day, but it has a
limited lifetime. Google and Yahoo are working hard to make it go
away. Fewer and fewer ISP provide newsgroup access.

Blakely
---
Blakely LaCroix
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

"The best adventure is yet to come"
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:
[...]

Terrific! If we've got Riverman back, can Rocky and Oc1canubi be far behind?

Always enjoyed reading your stories, Riverman. Most likely have them saved
someplace. Tom in MD
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:
[...]

Last time I was very active I had just sent you a boat. I hope it
didn't sink or anything when you put it together, or, if it did you
were shallow water at least. Is that thing still floating or has it
gone to that great boatyard in the sky?

He's Dead, Jim. jlrogers±³© ASA 11 December 31st 06 07:40 PM
Is he dead....? Capt. Rob ASA 2 October 11th 06 06:47 PM
Dead... Harry Krause General 15 December 2nd 04 01:03 PM
.ASA is dead Michael ASA 70 October 12th 04 12:58 AM
Our Hero is Dead, Dead, Dead John Gaquin General 46 July 2nd 04 12:16 PM