posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default is this dead or what?

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 04:49:35 -0700 (PDT), riverman
wrote:

On Oct 21, 10:20*am, wrote:
On Oct 6, 9:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:

I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Sponsons....

*roll eyes*

--riverman

Last time I was very active I had just sent you a boat. I hope it
didn't sink or anything when you put it together, or, if it did you
were shallow water at least. Is that thing still floating or has it
gone to that great boatyard in the sky?

Galen Hekhuis
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:
On Oct 21, 10:20*am, wrote:
On Oct 6, 9:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:

I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Sponsons....

*roll eyes*

--riverman

Last time I was very active I had just sent you a boat. *I hope it
didn't sink or anything when you put it together, or, if it did you
were shallow water at least. *Is that thing still floating or has it
gone to that great boatyard in the sky?

Galen Hekhuis * * * * * *

Hey Galen:
Nope, last I checked it was still floating high and dry. The intent
was to bring it to Hong Kong with me, but once I got here I discovered
that what sells as an apartment here would be considered a large
closet in the states, so its still sitting in my storage shed in
Maine. I take it out each time I'm home in the summer, and I love to
tell folks how someone I met on the internet gave it to me (I get a
lot of amazed stares for that g). I'm starting to seriously consider
having it shipped here and storing it at the school so I can go paddle
after work. Age, rust and lethargy are catching up with me, and I need
an outlet. If I get over my inane fear of sitting in closed cockpit
boats (Wilko can tell you about that), then I'd want to take the
'Galen' out in the open water around the islands here.

Thanks again for the boat! :-)

--riverman
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:
On Oct 21, 10:20*am, wrote:
[...]

--rivermman

That's good to hear, I had visions of it sinking. In a previous life,
I owned a 32 foot sloop for which I had purchased an inflatable
dinghy. It was a fairly fancy model, complete with a rigid plate for
an outboard, "Boston" valves, etc. I got it for emergencies on the
boat, but figured it might make a good tender for the sailboat also. I
pumped it up and tossed it in the water one day, only to discover that
a mouse (or rat, I wasn't there) had chewed into the air compartments.
The dinghy didn't exactly sink, as it had three independent air
chambers, but the mouse had managed to compromise two of them, so it
didn't exactly ride high in the water. I had thought of the same
thing happening to the kayak, I'm glad it didn't.
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:20:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Sponsons....

Oh, Pleeeeaase. That you, Rick? TM..
posted to rec.boats.paddle

wrote:

On Oct 6, 9:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Sponsons....

Oh, Pleeeeaase. *That you, Rick? * TM..

Yep, 'tis me. What, you don't want to start that thread all over?
LOL

posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 21, 10:12*pm, Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 6, 9:33?pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. ?Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. ?Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Sponsons....

I dunno, one must say, Tim (I think that's what sp*ns*n boys name was)
certainly was dedicated to his cause... Have you been in the cycling
forums... Mike Vanderman could be his long lost twin...

--
John Nelson
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*--

LOL Mikey is still at it?
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 22, 4:21*pm, Wilko wrote:
BurntNjall...

I regularly apply my increasing technology skills to Burntball's old
posts to try to figure out who he was. His posting history stopped
VERY abruptly here and on a pool site...he was mid-argument. His total
and sudden disappearance makes me think that something happened to him
IRL.

Meanwhile, I try searching the traces of his messages, hints and clues
in his posts, etc, but never get anywhere. I *did* once track him to a
MUD site, and tried to log on to his account with his username to find
his personal details, but could not guess his password. The hint was
'what is my hometown', and on rbp once I tried to get some hint from
him about that, but he was tight-lipped. I ended up just telling the
MUD bot to 'send me my password update' about 50 times. He left rbp
less than 24 hours after that...I always secretly hoped that he got
weirded out by the emails, maybe realized that he was being stalked,
and clammed up.

Either way, the effect he had on rbp was very interesting. The only
person who seemed unfazed was ratt. In retrospect, I wonder if we'd
all deal with him differently...in any case, it sure was strange
times....

--riverman

He's Dead, Jim. jlrogers±³© ASA 11 December 31st 06 07:40 PM
Is he dead....? Capt. Rob ASA 2 October 11th 06 06:47 PM
Dead... Harry Krause General 15 December 2nd 04 01:03 PM
.ASA is dead Michael ASA 70 October 12th 04 12:58 AM
Our Hero is Dead, Dead, Dead John Gaquin General 46 July 2nd 04 12:16 PM