posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default is this dead or what?

On Oct 6, 6:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

not dead exactly but it seems that no one actually talks much in
summer and fall.
during the winter it seems to pickup a bit.
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

I check it periodically. Nothing much happening.

Steve
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Steve Cramer wrote:
Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there
any old timers still lurking about?

I check it periodically. Nothing much happening.

So, where'd everybody go? It's not like kayaking is less popular than
before (just the opposite, IMHO).

Is there a web-based watering hole where everybody gathers now? That's
what happened to the sailing and skiing newsgroups that I participate
in. Where's the rbp web substitute?

//Walt
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Walt wrote:
Steve Cramer wrote:
Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there
any old timers still lurking about?

I check it periodically. Nothing much happening.

So, where'd everybody go? It's not like kayaking is less popular than
before (just the opposite, IMHO).

Is there a web-based watering hole where everybody gathers now? That's
what happened to the sailing and skiing newsgroups that I participate
in. Where's the rbp web substitute?

//Walt

Looks like there are now a lot of web-based forums that not only cater
to specific groups of boaters (fla****er, sea, rodeo, river running
etc.), but that are aiming at boaters from individual countries and even
regions as well. The greater numer of people online nowadays sure help
to make even pretty small forums seem as active as RBP once was. That
does come at the price of splitting an international community into such
tiny bits that not a lot of folks seem to even know that there are
others on boating forums as well any more.

The interface of those forums is different and the messages in some
forums are dropping off the page quickly. I also find the atmosphere
very different from RBP, but that may be due to a greater number of
participants influencing it. A good thing is that with many of those
forums, there are active admins who can actually do something about most
trolls.

Still, IMO, they are not a real substitute to the atmosphere of the old
RBP community of the middle to late 90's.

I will remember that time fondly, and I still am in touch with several
friends from back then. Alas, it's no more, and it's time to move on.

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Here I am in bored waiting for a call and decide to have a peek at rbp
for the first time in months and what do I find but old familiar
friends like Galen and Tom and Myron.

I miss the old days of RBP, but like many others I've move on. Moved
on a couple of times in fact, first to NPMB and later to P.net.

Nowadays though I'm less and less interested in spending time on
paddling message boards.

But I still miss my old rbp friends.

posted to rec.boats.paddle

Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Yep Dan, it doesn't look like there's much life left in it...
It was good while it lasted though.

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
---Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.---
http://kayaker.nl/
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 6, 8:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Hi Dan, and all! Yes, there are still a few of us RBP old timers
around.

Ahhhh, for the heyday of RBP, huh? Scott Bristow (RIP) lending his
wise advice, me beating up on Corran Addison for Riot's (IMHO) crappy
color selections and goading him into actually molding me a PINK 007
(which I heard he/Riot actually produced, but I unfortunately never
got to possess :-( ), and of course the ubiquitous rantings of...who
was that (Scott something?) that owned property on and across Boulder
Creek, who called me the Ivory Tower Anarchist? Hee hee!

I don't get to boat much anymore, what with the price of gasoline and
the fact that I'm still trying to fight my way through nursing school
after an abrupt segue interruption in my progress to becoming an RN
(which I'm still mired in, unfortunately.)

I do get up to Indy once a year, for the Indy 500. I've become quite
the racefan after inheriting my brother's (RIP) ticket. Email me and
maybe we can hook up at the race or the race party some year! :-)

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 16, 9:32*pm, John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

Yup! RBP is dead :-(

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 6, 9:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Sponsons....
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Oct 21, 10:20*am, wrote:
On Oct 6, 9:33*pm, Dan Valleskey wrote:

I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

Sponsons....

*roll eyes*

--riverman

He's Dead, Jim. jlrogers±³© ASA 11 December 31st 06 07:40 PM
Is he dead....? Capt. Rob ASA 2 October 11th 06 06:47 PM
Dead... Harry Krause General 15 December 2nd 04 01:03 PM
.ASA is dead Michael ASA 70 October 12th 04 12:58 AM
Our Hero is Dead, Dead, Dead John Gaquin General 46 July 2nd 04 12:16 PM