Default Salt tablets?

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:12:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Vic suggested using salt tablets for extreme sweating and I have to
admit I have never used salt tablets and dont use much salt on my food
either. I cannot seem to convince my doc that the sweating is a
serious problem; he simply says to drink a lot of water. However, it
has come close to killing me twice while caving so I can no longer do
any real caving. Caves are a near 100% humidity enviro and around
here are roughly 74 degrees so I sweat enough to have my coveralls
saturated very quickly. The last couple times I went, I got loopy and
got lost and simply didnt care.
When boating, I can carry a lot of water so I always have a liter in
hand. I never drink sodas and am not into sports drinks either. This
issue makes me not want to go boating by myself so I am looking for a
solution. Sweating is your bodies way to get cool so isnt suppressing
sweating a bad thing? One can normally cool off during boating too by
jumping in the water but when working on the boat in the heat, I just
dont want to take the time to do that until suddenly I realize, uh oh,
am doing stupid things...............
So, salt tabs or not?

In 1965 I was drafted into the Army. At that time we were given salt
tablets about ten times a day. When I retired, years later, salt tablets
were no longer used.

Drink lots of water. It's hard to believe you go boating with only a liter
of water. If I'm going to be out for the best part of the day, I'll take at
least two or three two liter bottles of water. You should drink LOTS of
water.
--
John H.

Salt tablets? Don White General 34 October 11th 08 06:46 AM
Salt tablets? Canuck57[_3_] General 4 October 2nd 08 09:58 PM
Salt tablets? BAR[_2_] General 6 September 30th 08 05:01 PM
Salt tablets? Wayne.B General 1 September 30th 08 04:01 AM