Default Salt tablets?

On Sep 29, 11:10*pm, BAR wrote:
wrote:
Vic suggested using salt tablets for extreme sweating and I have to
admit I have never used salt tablets and dont use much salt on my food
either. *I cannot seem to convince my doc that the sweating is a
serious problem; he simply says to drink a lot of water. *However, it
has come close to killing me twice while caving so I can no longer do
any real caving. *Caves are a near 100% humidity enviro and around
here are roughly 74 degrees so I sweat enough to have my coveralls
saturated very quickly. *The last couple times I went, I got loopy and
got lost and simply didnt care.
When boating, I can carry a lot of water so I always have a liter in
hand. *I never drink sodas and am not into sports drinks either. *This
issue makes me not want to go boating by myself so I am looking for a
solution. *Sweating is your bodies way to get cool so isnt suppressing
sweating a bad thing? *One can normally cool off during boating too by
jumping in the water but when working on the boat in the heat, I just
dont want to take the time to do that until suddenly I realize, uh oh,
am doing stupid things...............
So, salt tabs or not?

Suck it up and start drinking the sports drinks! Or, start putting the
electrolytes packets into water bottles
(http://www.powerbar.com/Products/Electrolytes/).

Dehydration is nothing to fool around with.- Hide quoted text -

You aren't kidding. Outside of the fact that you can die, it makes you
feel just awful to get dehydrated and your electrolytes low.

wrote:

(
http://www.powerbar.com/Products/Electrolytes/).

Dehydration is nothing to fool around with.- Hide quoted text -

You aren't kidding. Outside of the fact that you can die, it makes you
feel just awful to get dehydrated and your electrolytes low.

Dehydration...a possible cure for JustwaitaLoogy disease.

On Sep 30, 8:45 am, A Real Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 29, 11:10 pm, BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Hmm, I appreciate the advice. Will try electrolyte stuff.

wrote:
On Sep 29, 11:10 pm, BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Dehydration...a possible cure for JustwaitaLoogy disease.- Hide quoted text -

WAFA

wrote in message news:4b043f1e-65a4-4008-8383-

You aren't kidding. Outside of the fact that you can die, it makes you
feel just awful to get dehydrated and your electrolytes low.

Dehydration...a possible cure for JustwaitaLoogy disease.- Hide quoted
text -

WAFA

You just begged everyone to ignore him... then you respond to him?? C'mon,
just KF the idiot, and you never have to see his crap again. Well, until he
changes handles, then just KF the new one. I think I have 8 for harry now...
2 mouse clicks is all it takes.

--Mike

BAR wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Hey, O'hara! Where do you cave? We used to cave down around Boaz Ala and
I don't remember it being that hot. IIRC, it was always somewhere around
68 degrees.

I think I have some pics around here. These were cool caves, cut out by
water. We used to strap flashlights around the dogs necks so they would
not fall into cracks. Sometimes it was pretty scarey in there. We went
in one day and saw a pile of a few tons of rock sitting right where we
had lunch the day before...

Salt tablets? Wayne.B General 1 September 30th 08 04:01 AM
How much salt? Gogarty Cruising 5 October 11th 06 03:39 AM
Salt Terminator?? jeannette Cruising 1 September 7th 04 04:13 AM
salt water use gccch General 4 January 29th 04 02:46 PM