posted to misc.survivalism,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.boats,alt.hackers.malicious
Dan Dan is offline

Default Republicans: Nancy Pelosi Was Mean To Us - Petty Sissies VoteNo

strabo wrote:
Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 06:23:14 -0500, thunder wrote:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:20:23 -0700, Matt Stawicki wrote:

Don't know how it is where you're from, but in this country, our
representatives work, or they're supposed to work for the people who
elected them, not the party. They should vote the will of the people
they work for - US - whether they agree or not. Don't always work that
way, but it should.
I don't think I agree with that. Yes, representatives work for us, and
not the party, but, in theory, they also provide leadership and
expertise.
Our representatives are privy to much information that we are not.
They
are expected to make decisions in our best interests, not necessarily
mirroring our decisions.

Nonsense, utter nonsense. America is a _representative_ democracy, not a
kingdom.

Constitutional republic.

Well, "democratic republic," which is the same thing as a
"representative democracy."

"Constitutional" applies to either name you want to use.

Dan