Default Eisboch: this one's for you

John McCain Makes Spanish Gaffes During Interview
Posted September 18, 2008

By Juan Gonzalez
Daily News Staff Writer

Where is Spain, John McCain?

Republican Presidential John McCain showed some confusion Wednesday
night about the identity of the Prime Minister of Spain and exactly
where that country of 40 million people is located.

In an interview with a Florida affiliate of Spain's Union Radio, McCain
was asked, if elected president, would he invite Spanish Prime Minister
Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero to the White House.

"I would be willing to meet with those leaders who are friends and want
to work with us in a cooperative fashion," McCain said. He then
mentioned Mexican President Calderon, who he said "is fighting a very
tough fight against the drug cartels."

When the reporter repeated that he was talking about Spain, McCain
responded: "I know the issues, I know the leaders."

Asked again if he would invite Zapatero, McCain shot back:

"All I can tell you is that I have a clear record of working with
leaders in the Hemisphere that are friends with us and standing up to
those who are not and that's judged on the basis of the importance of
our relationship with Latin America and the entire region."

Spain is a longtime NATO ally, has nearly 1,000 soldiers fighting with
the U.S. in Afghanistan, and was the target one of the worst Al Qaeda
attacks in 2004.

- - -

I hope when I am 72 I am not suffering from addled brain syndrome.

Default Harry the K: this one's for you

"Harry the K" wrote in message

John McCain Makes Spanish Gaffes During Interview
Posted September 18, 2008

For your entertainment, here's Obama when the teleprompter isn't working:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGU...eature=related

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry the K" wrote in message

John McCain Makes Spanish Gaffes During Interview
Posted September 18, 2008

For your entertainment, here's Obama when the teleprompter isn't working:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGU...eature=related

Eisboch

BTW .... did you know that Obama's speechwriter is a 28 year old kid from
Reading, MA.

I wonder who was the ghost writer for his two Memoirs.

Which begs a question. How do you have enough material for two Memoirs when
you haven't done anything yet?

Eisboch

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:37:50 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry the K" wrote in message

John McCain Makes Spanish Gaffes During Interview
Posted September 18, 2008

For your entertainment, here's Obama when the teleprompter isn't working:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGU...eature=related

BTW .... did you know that Obama's speechwriter is a 28 year old kid from
Reading, MA.

I wonder who was the ghost writer for his two Memoirs.

Which begs a question. How do you have enough material for two Memoirs when
you haven't done anything yet?

Ever read them? They are very interesting.

Most interesting is the connection to Saul Alinsky which isn't overtly
mentioned in either "Dreams" or "Audacity", but he worked directly
with students and followers of Alinsky in the "community organizing"
community and such luminaries as Rev. Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers.
Obama has admitted in interviews that Alinsky's ideas are central to
his view of governance. Obama became so skilled at it that he was
recruited to teach Alinsky's methodology to other labor and community
organizers.

In case you aren't familiar with the name, Saul Alinsky was a radical
left social science professor at University Chicago who is credited
with the whole concept of "community organizing". He is the common
touchstone between Obama and Clinton for instance (Clinton wrote her
Senior Honors Thesis on Alinsky). Obama was schooled in Alinsky's
style of organizing by people who directly worked with Alinsky in
Chicago and at the University of Chicago.

Here's a quote from Alinsky's boot "Rules for Radicals":

"Rules for Radicals": "Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder
acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends,
mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off
and history begins -- or which is which), the first radical known to
man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively
that he at least won his own kingdom -- Lucifer."

Keep that in mind when you think about Obama.

Do take the time to read the two books - very instructive and a great
deal of insight into how Obama thinks.

"Eisboch" wrote in message
"Harry the K" wrote in message

[...]

Good old Saul...one of my all-time favoriates...and more. I'm really
glad even the memory of Saul gives you the ****s.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry the K" wrote in message

[...]

I admit. I haven't read either of them. I might get too depressed and
frustrated, but I'll give it a try.

Right now, I am reading Stephen Colbert's "I am America (and so can you!)"
Gives you an idea of my remaining intellectual curiosity....

Eisboch

.. .

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry the K" wrote in message

[...]

Your intellectual curiosity is fine unlike Harry the Klansman's which
is equal to the mental acuity of a retarded cockroach.

I caught a little of his show last night waiting for "Futurama" to
show up. He had Bob Lutz from GM on to talk about the Volt.

Hysterical - almost fell off the chair laughing. Lutz is a pretty
good sport and really got into the whole spirit of the thing.

Watch it - it's funny. Second section behind The Money Honey.

http://www.comedycentral.com/colbert...isodeId=185056

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry the K" wrote in message

John McCain Makes Spanish Gaffes During Interview
Posted September 18, 2008

For your entertainment, here's Obama when the teleprompter isn't working:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGU...eature=related

Eisboch

You know...with about 300 million people in the US, you think both parties
could find better people to run for that office.

"Don White" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry the K" wrote in message

John McCain Makes Spanish Gaffes During Interview
Posted September 18, 2008

For your entertainment, here's Obama when the teleprompter isn't working:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGU...eature=related

Eisboch

You know...with about 300 million people in the US, you think both parties
could find better people to run for that office.

Don, I agree with you completely. Unfortunately, the choice for us down
here this year is the lesser of two evils.
Maybe not evils ..... but the best of the two totally unqualified
candidates.

If Obama had more to show for his great speech giving capabilities, it would
be an easier decision. Unfortunately, when you look for the beef behind the
rhetoric, it just isn't there. Believe me, I've tried finding it.

Sometimes it's best to not make a major change if you don't have anything to
justify the change and hang your trust on.

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 18, 7:59*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

*Unfortunately, when you look for the beef behind the
rhetoric, it just isn't there. * Believe me, I've tried finding it.

Well, you won't find it in Illinois.

Larry, this one's for you. Roger Long Cruising 13 August 26th 08 11:11 AM
And another one's gone Joe ASA 56 May 7th 07 11:28 PM
Putitng one's money where one's mouth is... NOYB General 1 July 4th 04 02:14 PM
This One's for Scotty Bobsprit ASA 19 May 8th 04 05:34 AM
Hey, Booby, this one's for you. jlrogers ASA 42 January 27th 04 12:40 AM