posted to can.rec.boating,rec.boats

Default Introduction to Marine Mechanics

TJ wrote:

Hi! I don't get down to your part of the creek too much, but I spend a
week's vacation every year in the Ogdensburg/Prescott Bridge area, on
the US side. Bass fishing was great this year. They're getting fat and
sassy on those gobies, aren't they?

I think we're 'up' the creek. :-)

Fishing was great in these parts too - wish I could figure out why
people enjoy it so much. ;-)

--
Regards,
Dave Brown

Dave Brown wrote:
TJ wrote:

Hi! I don't get down to your part of the creek too much, but I spend a
week's vacation every year in the Ogdensburg/Prescott Bridge area, on
the US side. Bass fishing was great this year. They're getting fat and
sassy on those gobies, aren't they?

I think we're 'up' the creek. :-)

Fishing was great in these parts too - wish I could figure out why
people enjoy it so much. ;-)

My mistake - of course you are correct. Kingston is indeed "up the
creek" from where I stay when I'm on vacation. However, it's "down" from
where I live. It's an old habit. I live on top of a hill, in the highest
inhabited part of my county, and one of the most beautiful areas in New
York State. (But maybe I'm prejudiced. I've lived here all my life.)
Most places are "down" from here - in more ways than one...

TJ

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:28:11 -0400, TJ wrote:

Dave Brown wrote:
TJ wrote:

Hi! I don't get down to your part of the creek too much, but I spend a
week's vacation every year in the Ogdensburg/Prescott Bridge area, on
the US side. Bass fishing was great this year. They're getting fat and
sassy on those gobies, aren't they?

I think we're 'up' the creek. :-)

Fishing was great in these parts too - wish I could figure out why
people enjoy it so much. ;-)

My mistake - of course you are correct. Kingston is indeed "up the
creek" from where I stay when I'm on vacation. However, it's "down" from
where I live. It's an old habit. I live on top of a hill, in the highest
inhabited part of my county, and one of the most beautiful areas in New
York State. (But maybe I'm prejudiced. I've lived here all my life.)
Most places are "down" from here - in more ways than one...

Hehe. I've always noticed when people refer to north of them as
"down," thinking they have it backwards. Never even thought of
elevation, being in the flatlands, but you have a real good point
there.

--Vic

Dave Brown wrote:
TJ wrote:

[...]

Actually, I'm very close to what could be termed a continental divide.
All the streams here eventually drain into the Great Lakes system, where
just a short distance south of here everything heads for the Delaware River.

TJ

By Way of Introduction... Prospector via BoatKB.com General 0 October 5th 07 02:50 PM
Introduction. Gregory Hall ASA 17 June 25th 07 06:07 PM
Marine Diesel Mechanics by Nigel Calder - book for sale on ebay Going Cruising Cruising 0 May 17th 04 12:42 AM
Freelance Marine Mechanics in South San Francisco Area Greg Boyles General 2 October 30th 03 05:14 PM
Freelance Marine Mechanics in South San Francisco Area Greg Boyles Cruising 2 October 30th 03 05:14 PM