Default Lake Lanier Egret

wrote:
On Sep 9, 4:31 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:

wrote:
On Sep 9, 12:16 pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
The link below is a recent photo I took on Lake Lanier. Please feel
free to leave your honest critiques and comments.
http://boatingforum.proboards91.com/...?action=recent
Very nice! Did you use a circular polarizing filter or what?
I think I was using a circular polarizing filter, I know I had it on
earlier, but am not positive if it was on when I took these. I added
another photo of the egret with a different exposure. I am really
looking for a photo that will fit a contest where the theme is "Green".

I looked at the days photos, and I had already taken off the CP filter
when I took the egret photos. I could tell when I took off the CP due
to low light conditions.- Hide quoted text -

I'm wondering how the water came out so green without a cp filter?

The water was green due to the low sunlight reflecting the green from
the trees on the opposite shore.

Here are two photos my wife took with her D50, which has a different
image sensor then my D200. Since we only have one CP, she never uses
one, and this with with your standard UV filter. They were at a
different location / angle to the sun, and maybe 20 minutes earlier than
my Egret, so between the time, angle and sensor, they will be slight
differences in the green. These photos are with the default RAW
settings, and have not been photoshopp'ed at all.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/DSC_9161.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/DSC_9150.jpg

with minor changes in the exposure and contrast, they would have a
similar green as the Egret.

wrote:
[...]

PS - This is another photo from my wife's camera, no CP and no
processing beyond the default RAW settings, it highlights how the sun's
angle can make a dramatic difference in the color of the water. This is
what you saw when you were there. As the duck's wake changed the angle
of the water, it would not pick up the green trees but would reflect the
blue from the sky. It does look surrealistic.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n.../greenblue.jpg

Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:
The link below is a recent photo I took on Lake Lanier. Please feel
free to leave your honest critiques and comments.

http://boatingforum.proboards91.com/...?action=recent

Looks great.. I am no pro but I know what looks good to me Is there
land behind the water, or did you adjust the color.. Either way, if
that's what it looks like, I love it..

Rowdy Mouse Racing wrote:
Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:
The link below is a recent photo I took on Lake Lanier. Please feel
free to leave your honest critiques and comments.

http://boatingforum.proboards91.com/...?action=recent

Looks great.. I am no pro but I know what looks good to me Is there
land behind the water, or did you adjust the color.. Either way, if
that's what it looks like, I love it..

The green in the background is actually the water, and is the way it
looked when the photo was taken. The sun was very low, so it was
reflecting the pine trees behind the water. I originally was taking
some photos from the other side of the creek to get the sunset, and the
water was the typical Lake Lanier color. I moved around to the opposite
side of the creek to get closer to the egret, and the light values
changed completely. I shot this in RAW, so the only adjustments I did
to the photos was to adjust the exposure and contrast. The saturation
is the way it came out of the camera.

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:16:22 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
STP. " wrote:

The link below is a recent photo I took on Lake Lanier. Please feel
free to leave your honest critiques and comments.

http://boatingforum.proboards91.com/...?action=recent

Very interesting although a bit green. :-)

Egrets are fun subjects. Here's one I captured in mid-takeoff while I
was on an airboat ride in the Everglades earlier this year:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6528/dsc02301gt8.jpg

STP. " wrote:

The link below is a recent photo I took on Lake Lanier. Please feel
free to leave your honest critiques and comments.

http://boatingforum.proboards91.com/...?action=recent

Very interesting although a bit green. :-)

Egrets are fun subjects. Here's one I captured in mid-takeoff while I
was on an airboat ride in the Everglades earlier this year:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6528/dsc02301gt8.jpg

Well you can tell the airboat was too noisy, the damn bird is flying
away.

"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote in message
. ..

Well you can tell the airboat was too noisy, the damn bird is flying away.

Egrets and Sandhill Cranes often kept us occupied, watching them from the
deck of the house in Florida.
They walked along the edge of a small, man-made pond/lake behind our house,
with that goofy gait with backwards bending "knees", searching for food at
the water's edge.

There was one crane in particular that really was a pain though. He had no
fear of humans (because people stupidly fed him bread, etc.) and would walk
right up and into your house, looking for a handout. He'd follow you
around, making a pest of himself until you were forced to lure him away with
a chunk of bread. The neighborhood had named him "Harry" as I recall.

No joke.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:

There was one crane in particular that really was a pain though. He had no
fear of humans (because people stupidly fed him bread, etc.) and would walk
right up and into your house, looking for a handout. He'd follow you
around, making a pest of himself until you were forced to lure him away with
a chunk of bread. The neighborhood had named him "Harry" as I recall.

No joke.

Eisboch

At the parks, you will see ducks and geese attacking people to get food.
Animals can become very aggressive and dangerous when they associate
humans with free handouts. They have signs up all over the place to tell
people it is illegal to feed the wildlife, yet you will see mothers
bring their little children down to feed them bread. The mothers always
seem amazed when the ducks/geese nip and bite them. If they had only
learned how to read the signs.

Eisboch wrote:

[...]

People can become very aggressive and dangerous when they believe they
are entitled to free handouts. That's one of the things that makes B.H.
Obama so scary and dangerous when he promises the world and, if elected,
won't be able to deliver.

Lake Lanier Report [email protected] General 0 July 8th 08 04:02 PM
Lake Lanier, Ga. - Bummer G&G ASA 1 December 20th 07 11:57 PM
Lake Lanier and the Chattahoochee River below Lake Lanier SundayOct. 22, 2007 Reginald P. Smithers III General 13 October 25th 07 07:56 PM
Three to four footers on Lake Lanier HK General 1 August 18th 07 01:12 AM