Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to sci.military.naval,rec.boats
HK HK is offline

Default I just knew this was coming...and soon

Pitbull Owners Blast Palin
Comparison ‘Offensive,’ Dog Fanciers Complain

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who famously compared herself to a pitbull
in her vice-presidential acceptance speech at the Republican National
Convention, appears to have antagonized a key voting bloc in the
upcoming election, the nation's pitbull owners.

While Gov. Palin's assertion that the only difference between a hockey
mom and a pitbull was "lipstick" drew a loud ovation from the Republican
faithful in St. Paul, it raised the ire of the Pitbull Anti-Defamation
League, a powerful association of pitbull fanciers who monitor the
portrayal of pitbulls in the media.

"As someone who has owned pitbulls for the past twenty years, my jaw
dropped," said Carol Foyler, the group's executive director. "Most of
us are thinking the same thing: enough is enough."

Ms. Foyler said that for pitbull owners who have grown weary of their
prized dogs being defamed and mistreated, Gov. Palin's wisecrack was the
last straw: "We're all like, first the Michael Vick thing, and now this."

Tracy Klugian, an irate pitbull owner from Buffalo, New York, echoed Ms.
Foyler's sentiments: "I can think of many differences between pitbulls
and Gov. Palin - for starters, pitbulls don't try to get their
ex-brothers-in-law fired."

With Sens. Barack Obama (D-Ill) and John McCain (R-Ariz) fighting for
every last vote, a coveted voting bloc like pitbull owners could very
well decide the 2008 election, political insiders believe.

While Gov. Palin was not available for comment on the pitbull
controversy, a spokesperson for the McCain-Palin ticket offered this
official statement: "Gov. Palin does in fact have one thing in common
with a pitbull: neither is capable of answering questions from reporters."

From the wonderful Andy Borowitz

www.andyborowitz.com

Sturgeon jump? Who knew... Short Wave Sportfishing General 0 July 4th 07 12:29 PM
CLINTON KNEW!!!! Bob Crantz ASA 1 July 15th 04 10:00 AM
Bush Knew Harry Krause General 26 April 13th 04 08:01 PM
Bush knew about it, but did not do anything STFU General 1 November 9th 03 05:04 PM