Default Hanna Flops

Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they look
after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:20:49 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they
look
after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class
marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

SW CT (Fairfield/New Haven counties) are getting plastered. Two
tornados, heavy rain and some severe wind damage.

Couldn't prove it by me - it's just raining and winds have stayed in
the 15/20 mph range. They have picked up a tad in the past ten
minutes or so - steadier rather than gusts, but overall - eh.

The latest forecast is that it will be out of CT by 2400/0100 or there
abouts.

I may retract my accusation. Just checked the radar. Storm isn't here yet.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they look
after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

Are you complaining? :)

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:43:08 -0400, "Eisboch"

.. .
wrote:

[...]

The way it's moving now which is almost directly North, you might not
see much of anything.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they
look after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class
marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

Are you complaining? :)

Not hoping for damage to anyone's property, but I enjoy being on the boat
during storms. I go up on the flybridge, wind howling, rain or snow flying
..... I just enjoy it.

Eisboch

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:20:49 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they look
after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

It started very light and stayed that way for a while. Then the rains
picked up and we ended up with a lot of rain, about 5 inches according to
my dog can.

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 06:53:08 -0400, jim wrote:

John H wrote:
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:20:49 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they look
after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

It started very light and stayed that way for a while. Then the rains
picked up and we ended up with a lot of rain, about 5 inches according to
my dog can.

Your what?

Dog can.

Don't tell me you don't know what a dog can is?

Everybody knows what a dog can is.

~~ sheesh ~~

What's a dog can...unbelievable.

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 21:43:25 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they
look after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class
marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

Are you complaining? :)

Not hoping for damage to anyone's property, but I enjoy being on the boat
during storms. I go up on the flybridge, wind howling, rain or snow flying
.... I just enjoy it.

I discovered the joys of just sitting in a boat in a storm when I was
a kid.

For some reason it's incredibly relaxing.

To me anyway.

Hanna a non-event in Charleston... Larry Cruising 2 September 6th 08 04:34 AM
Bobsprit flops about Bob Crantz ASA 16 February 15th 06 01:34 PM
Bush Flips & Flops Doug Kanter General 0 March 31st 04 05:29 AM
OT Political flip flops basskisser General 0 March 10th 04 01:57 PM