Default Hanna Flops

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 06:53:08 -0400, jim wrote:

John H wrote:
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:20:49 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they look
after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

It started very light and stayed that way for a while. Then the rains
picked up and we ended up with a lot of rain, about 5 inches according to
my dog can.

Your what?

My dog food can. That's my official rain gauge. I just accidentally left
off the word 'food'.

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news
Arrived at the boat only to find that the Kingman Staff had already gone
around to all the boats,
tightening up and/or doubling up on the lines. It's nice to know they
look after things to minimize the potential of damage, etc. First class
marina.

But, here it is, 8:25pm and the strongest gust of wind so far was 20 mph,
according to the Davis Weather Station.

Another storm over-hyped by the National Weather Service?

Eisboch

Blew by here this morning and we hardly noticed. A couple good bands of
heavy rain and a nice stiff breeze.
Thanks to y'all for slowing it down and weakening it before it reached us.

Hanna a non-event in Charleston... Larry Cruising 2 September 6th 08 04:34 AM
Bobsprit flops about Bob Crantz ASA 16 February 15th 06 01:34 PM
Bush Flips & Flops Doug Kanter General 0 March 31st 04 05:29 AM
OT Political flip flops basskisser General 0 March 10th 04 01:57 PM