Default Float identification...

I was cleaning out my old "stuff" tackle box today and came across
these - I have about a dozen of them in different sizes.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/IMG_0018.JPG

They are weighted at the bottom (the white end) which a hole through
the center - obviously, they are some kind of jigging float.

I seem to remember something like this when I lived along the Gulf
Coast - they were set up with something like a carolina rig and jigged
off the bottom for redfish.

Anybody identify the technique used with these things?

~~cross posted to boatingforum: http://tinyurl.com/5ujvqf ~~

I was cleaning out my old "stuff" tackle box today and came across
these - I have about a dozen of them in different sizes.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/IMG_0018.JPG

They are weighted at the bottom (the white end) which a hole through
the center - obviously, they are some kind of jigging float.

I seem to remember something like this when I lived along the Gulf
Coast - they were set up with something like a carolina rig and jigged
off the bottom for redfish.

Anybody identify the technique used with these things?

~~cross posted to boatingforum: http://tinyurl.com/5ujvqf ~~

Does the top of the 'float" plunge down to reveal a 'u' shaped hook at the
bottom?

If so, it is just a variation of the standard spring loaded round bobber
used to catch onto the line at whatever length you choose. when fishing with
a bobber.

I was cleaning out my old "stuff" tackle box today and came across
these - I have about a dozen of them in different sizes.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/IMG_0018.JPG

They are weighted at the bottom (the white end) which a hole through
the center - obviously, they are some kind of jigging float.

I seem to remember something like this when I lived along the Gulf
Coast - they were set up with something like a carolina rig and jigged
off the bottom for redfish.

Anybody identify the technique used with these things?

~~cross posted to boatingforum: http://tinyurl.com/5ujvqf ~~

Maybe something like this. The few times I've fished for redfish we used
something like this:

http://www.captainwoodygore.com/blog...loats-bobbers/