BoatBanter.com

-   -   Admission ... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97647-admission.html)

Eisboch September 4th 08 02:43 PM

Admission ...

I am more than pleased to admit I was absolutely dead wrong about McCain
choice in Palin as VP.
What a refreshing new political face.

Let the bashing from the left begin ... it doesn't matter.

"Delicious!"

And 'ol Rudy wasn't too bad either!

Eisboch

HK September 4th 08 02:46 PM

Admission ...

Eisboch wrote:
I am more than pleased to admit I was absolutely dead wrong about McCain
choice in Palin as VP.
What a refreshing new political face.

Let the bashing from the left begin ... it doesn't matter.

"Delicious!"

And 'ol Rudy wasn't too bad either!

Eisboch

snerk

Yeah, she's a gem, all right. Mother of the year.

Rudy was...Rudy.

jim[_7_] September 4th 08 03:24 PM

Admission ...

Eisboch wrote:
I am more than pleased to admit I was absolutely dead wrong about McCain
choice in Palin as VP.
What a refreshing new political face.

Let the bashing from the left begin ... it doesn't matter.

"Delicious!"

And 'ol Rudy wasn't too bad either!

Eisboch

I was sort of leaning toward Obama just because Hillary was his
opponent. I would have settled for Obama or McCain. Now McCain's
campaign has gotten that needed transfusion. We have new hope for
POSITIVE change. Obama's history Is beginning to scare me.
Hallelujah for Sarah. The speaches last night were awesome.

Vic Smith September 4th 08 03:30 PM

Admission ...

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:43:12 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I am more than pleased to admit I was absolutely dead wrong about McCain
choice in Palin as VP.
What a refreshing new political face.

Let the bashing from the left begin ... it doesn't matter.

"Delicious!"

And 'ol Rudy wasn't too bad either!

You were taking the talking heads too seriously.
This is why I asked if Scarborough was assimilated a couple days ago.
He was spouting the same Dem talking points about "McCains's
judgement" as the Obama operatives.
Even yesterday up until Palin got a chance to talk, he couldn't stop
asking every guest, repeatedly and with great relish, "How many
interviews did you have with the chief-of-staff you hired?"
Today he hasn't opened his trap once about McCain's "lack of
judgement" even while flapping his jaws and running over other people
as is his fashion.
In his ideological conservative heart, Joe despises McCain. Jealously
probably.
He's dropped quite a bit in my estimation, since he's proved he's
caught up in his ego and the bubble of "good-old-buddy" pundits
surrounding him.
Once again Pat Buchanan is the only one who kept his head.
Classy.
He and Brokaw are the only sensible people on MSNBC.
Palin may get Hillary votes, and has certainly energized the
Republican base. But she has a way to go, and may be tripped up
on policy. Economics should carry the day for the Dems, but now
all the Reps need is a terrorist attack and they're in like Flynn.
The Dem voters made a big mistake in nominating an intellectual Yuppie
who didn't have the balls to put Hillary on the ticket. Hillary would
more easily neutralize Palin. Biden is just another Washington
insider.
American voters will often vote against their own economic interests
for other values.
Okay, enough bull**** from me. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

--Vic

HK September 4th 08 03:44 PM

Admission ...

Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

He's dropped quite a bit in my estimation, since he's proved heswi

[...]

An anti-choice, anti-book, anti-intellectual female Spiro Agnew is not
going to get the Hillary votes, but I won't dispute that she was the
perfect person to rev up the GOP base, because she is as base as it is.

Amazing...the GOPs pick a completely irresponsible "hockey mom" for
their ticket, a woman who makes her motherhood an issue, yet isn't swift
enough to know that "abstinence education" leads to early pregnancies,
and is now forcing her teeny-bopper daughter into a shotgun marriage to
a boy who seems to have all the maturity and intellectuality of a
mooseburger.

Ms. Palin did a great job delivering the speech that was written for
her. Unless she sticks to the really small media markets where the
third-rate reporters learn the biz, she's going to be eaten alive on
policy issue questions at news conferences. I've not heard a hint from
this woman that she knows anything about anything.

Eisboch September 4th 08 06:14 PM

Admission ...

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Certainly not me. I also agree with your 100% regarding Brokaw and
Buchanan, although it was fun to see Buchanan absolutely delight in response
to the speeches. I love listening to politicians who have a sense of
humor. Rudy and Buchanan certainly don't disappoint.

BTW ..... I think we all have to accept the fact that the excitement of the
election, particularly this one because it's guarantied to be historic, is
naturally going to be a source for many OT posts here and in virtually every
other non moderated newsgroup.

Things will get back to the "normal" mud-slinging and insult hurling after
election day.

Eisboch

Eisboch September 4th 08 06:23 PM

Admission ...

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

This will be a rare direct response to you Harry.
If you don't get it by now, I'll spell it out for you.

N- o- b-o-d-y c-a-r-e-s w-h-a-t y-o-u t-h-i-n-k a-n-y-m-o-r-e.

No. "think" is the wrong word. "Cut and paste", "copy", "repeat"
"regurgitate", or something like that is better.

Any credibility you may have had recently went out the window.

Eisboch

HK September 4th 08 06:26 PM

Admission ...

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Awwwwwwwwwww.

This one's for you:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../sarahpool.jpg

HK September 4th 08 07:52 PM

Admission ...

wrote:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:26:19 -0400, hk wrote:

This one's for you:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../sarahpool.jpg

Actually not bad for 44 years old with 5 kids.

I am happy to see young people around the White House.

Obama/Palin for 08!!

Screw experience.
As Obama said, you couldn't find two more experienced guys than
Rumsfeld and Cheney. Look at the cluster **** they got us into

Experience is not relevant; judgment is.

Lincoln led this country through its most horrific years, and preserved
the Union. He had been a U.S. Representative and an Illinois state
legislator.

Nixon was a U.S. Representative and then a U.S. Senator before he became
president. Flawed to be sure, but he had judgment.

FDR knew what he was doing before he became governor of New York.

Bush had two terms as governor of Texas, and plenty of "executive
experience," but no judgment.

Harry Truman had been a haberdasher and a county judge before going to
the US Senate. He had little experience, but plenty of judgment.

SmallBoats.com September 4th 08 07:56 PM

Admission ...

So'k Dick, we can get back to boats, geetars, and other good stuff now
that you have returned from the dark side;)