Default Voting records

hk wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 3, 8:04 am, TJ wrote:
Obama's followers are fond of quoting a statistic that McCain has voted
with George Bush over 90% of the time. The statistic varies with the one
doing the quoting, but it's never 100%. That means that, given
sufficient reason, McCain will go against his party leaders. His running
mate has also demonstrated a willingness to go against the party.

That is a quality I look for in an office seeker. I don't want someone
whose strings are pulled by the party. I want someone who is willing to
do what he or she thinks is right, no matter which side favors it. I
want somebody with some *guts.*

All I've heard about Obama's voting record is that it's the most liberal
in the Senate. No specific statistics. Can anybody supply statistics
of occasions where Obama has voted against the party line? Can he think
for himself, or is he just a party puppet?

TJ

It' very misleading since that 90% is mostly voice votes about small
issues that mostly passed unanimously, Obama probably voted for the
same things, just as consistently. Just another distortion from the
Daily Kos and the DNC.. Now they want DNA from Palin, even though
the time line could never work out for the new baby to be Bristols'.
All they have to do is say it, and the idiots who don't want the
truth, fall into line...

Behind you?

Hey...don't forget...John McCain was a POW.

We aren't the choir you can stop preaching to us.

On Sep 3, 8:04*am, TJ wrote:
[...]

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c...o000167/votes/

DK DK is offline

FredFender wrote:
hk wrote:
TJ wrote:

[...]

Uh...you seem to have missed the point. McCain is positioning himself
as an independent, a maverick. But he votes with the Bush Regime about
90% of the time. It's kind of difficult to position yourself as an
independent and a maverick when your positions are the same as a
president who has made as many major screw-ups as Bush, eh?

Idiot. Totally missed the OP's point.

FF

FF, meet WAFA. Killfile him or get used to the same old **** every day.

JimH wrote:
On Sep 3, 8:04 am, TJ wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the link. It's plain now. Most of the time, Obama doesn't
bother to vote. Too busy campaigning to do his job, apparently.

TJ

Steve wrote:
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:04:30 -0400, TJ wrote:

Obama's followers are fond of quoting a statistic that McCain has voted
with George Bush over 90% of the time. The statistic varies with the one
doing the quoting, but it's never 100%. That means that, given
sufficient reason, McCain will go against his party leaders. His running
mate has also demonstrated a willingness to go against the party.

That is a quality I look for in an office seeker. I don't want someone
whose strings are pulled by the party. I want someone who is willing to
do what he or she thinks is right, no matter which side favors it. I
want somebody with some *guts.*

All I've heard about Obama's voting record is that it's the most liberal
in the Senate. No specific statistics. Can anybody supply statistics
of occasions where Obama has voted against the party line? Can he think
for himself, or is he just a party puppet?

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...oted_with.html

Steve

Interesting link. According to that source, Obama voted with George Bush
40% of the time in 2007, when he bothered to vote. Even Harry Reid voted
with Bush 39% of the time in 2007. So tell me, Harry - was that bad
judgment, too?

But I also see that Obama has pretty much voted 100% in line with the
Democrats during his entire career, while McCain has often voted against
Republicans during his career. I know which one sounds like the puppet
to me.

Things are getting clearer and clearer all the time.

TJ

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:06:20 -0400, TJ wrote:

JimH wrote:
On Sep 3, 8:04 am, TJ wrote:
[...]

It also looks that when he did vote he voted across party lines.

On Sep 3, 9:06*pm, TJ wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Sep 3, 8:04 am, TJ wrote:
[...]

TJ- Hide quoted text -

mcbush voted so rarely that several organizations in the last year
couldnt form an opinion as to his voting record. too busy campaigning
to do his job...whatever that is....apparently

wf3h wrote:
On Sep 3, 8:04 am, TJ wrote:
Obama's followers are fond of quoting a statistic that McCain has voted
with George Bush over 90% of the time. The statistic varies with the one
doing the quoting, but it's never 100%. That means that, given
sufficient reason, McCain will go against his party leaders. His running
mate has also demonstrated a willingness to go against the party.

That is a quality I look for in an office seeker. I don't want someone
whose strings are pulled by the party. I want someone who is willing to
do what he or she thinks is right, no matter which side favors it. I
want somebody with some *guts.*

All I've heard about Obama's voting record is that it's the most liberal
in the Senate. No specific statistics. Can anybody supply statistics
of occasions where Obama has voted against the party line? Can he think
for himself, or is he just a party puppet?

jesus, does this guy know what the term 'oxymoron' is?

Yes. "Military Intelligence" is a classic example, as well as "Microsoft
Works."

first he says a 10% difference in mccains voting record in significant

THEN he says the fact that obama is the MOST liberal (meaning his
voting record is more different from the democratic average than ANY
other senator's) is not sufficient for him

I was only quoting what I've heard. As I said in the original post, I
wanted more specific, detailed information. Perhaps you should take a
course in reading comprehension.

typical rush limbaugh listener....

I listen to Rush now and then, but I usually find him to be an
overbearing blowhard. I much prefer Glenn Beck. He doesn't take himself
so seriously.

TJ
Senior Member

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...ccain_voted_wi...

Steve

Interesting link. According to that source, Obama voted with George Bush
40% of the time in 2007, when he bothered to vote. Even Harry Reid voted
with Bush 39% of the time in 2007. So tell me, Harry - was that bad
judgment, too?

But I also see that Obama has pretty much voted 100% in line with the
Democrats during his entire career, while McCain has often voted against
Republicans during his career. I know which one sounds like the puppet
to me.

Things are getting clearer and clearer all the time.

TJ- Hide quoted text -

The intolerant party kicks those out who dare vote their concience...
It is not allowed by the dems, that is why we need a President who
puts "Country first". That is not Osamabama Bin Tokin' he just doesn't
have the guts to run the country..