HK HK is offline

Default McCain's Age...

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Religious beliefs have no place in government policy. I don't give a damn
what your personal beliefs are, so long as you don't try to shove them at
me. Unfortunately, that is *just* what the righties do...they want
everyone to become a JesusBorg...like they are.

Seems to me that everyday we are subjected to people trying to shove stuff
at us.
Brands of cars, beer, charities, sneakers, iPods, ..... hell, within an
hour of watching TV at least a dozen organizations have tried to convince us
of something.

Most of us just select what interests us, and reject that which doesn't.

Why can't you do the same with your beloved religious righties? Why do
they bother you so much?

Eisboch

You missed the point entirely. Buying a car, beer, sneakers, is a matter
of choice. Having religious beliefs shoved down your through via
legislation or court decisions, as McCain-Palin will do, is coercion.
Being anti-choice is a religious belief.

Got it?

hk wrote:

There's no reason to tolerate religious nutjob b.s. Think evolution is
“just a theory,” you are not getting my vote. Think abortion should be
illegal no matter what, even in cases of rape and incest, you're not
getting my vote. Think intelligent design should be taught in science
classrooms, you're not getting my vote.

So most thinking voters, at least, won't have to even bother with the
issues of experience and her complete lack of knowledge regarding
foreign affairs and well, hell, the fact she didn’t even know what the
VP did a few weeks ago. They don’t have to think about any of that, as
her extreme religious views already disqualify her. No more social
conservatives in the White House or next to it, ever.

There is as much reason to tolerate "religious nutjob b.s." as there is
to tolerate your brand of "b.s." or mine, or anybody else's. It's called
the First Amendment to the US Constitution. Look it up. She has the
right in this country to believe and say such things. You have the right
to not listen, but you don't have the right to shut her up. Keeping all
beliefs open and in the public eye is what makes us strong. Suppression
and censorship weakens us.

And the theories of evolution and intelligent design are not mutually
exclusive. I have no trouble conceiving of an intelligent design that
includes evolution as part of a feedback loop to adapt to changing
conditions. Same idea, but infinitely more sophisticated, as the
computer that uses various sensors to control your car's fuel mixture
and performance. If *I* were designing Life for a planet that is always
under changing climate cycles, I'd put an adaptation mechanism in the mix.

TJ

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

[...]

Let's see, the doctor can't predict McCain's medical history but you can
predict the legislative process and court decisions.

HK HK is offline

TJ wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

D'oh. The issue is not what Palin says, but what she and McCain try to
legislate, based upon their relgious beliefs.
HK HK is offline

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

[...]

If McCain gets elected? He will nominate associate justices who will
overturn Roe v. Wade.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

[...]

When you don't know, you don't know.

Senior Member

On Aug 31, 9:18*pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

[...]

When you don't know, you don't know.- Hide quoted text -

He has a habit of talking about things he doesn't know **** about..
His conspiracy theories are worse than Larry's'. Of course having no
real moral core, he will say whatever he thinks will get him what he
wants. a nation of folks who are not accountable for their own
actions...

wrote in message
On Aug 31, 9:18 pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

[...]

At least he's now saying *if* McCain is elected. 8)

REMOVE Tom wrote:
Why should that matter? Again, you seem to be going down the road that
says certain "experiences" are important. I'm more interested in
judgment. McCain has voted with Bush 90% of the time. That is bad judgment.

If I were an Obama supporter I don't believe I would bring up
judgement. Do you consider spending 20 years in a racist church with a
racist minister good judgement? How about real estate deals with a
crook? How about hanging out with radical bombers? These don't show
good judgement in my opinion.

Even if he somehow missed the displays of his minister's attitude during
those 20 years, Obama exercised poor judgment in delaying so long to
denounce him once it became public. He only did it after he could no
longer deny it. But wait - he wasn't using his own judgment by then. He
was taking orders from his handlers, so I guess that wasn't his fault.

TJ

hk wrote:

As for Palin's decision, I think it was the wrong one.

It was wrong because Palin is at the age where pregnancies for women can
mean serious trouble, both for the woman and the child that is born.
There's a close connection between Down's syndrome and age of the
mother. After 40, if memory serves, the chances of having a child with
the syndrome rise to better than one in 20. Palin must have known that
risk, and apparently was told she was carrying a fetus with the syndrome.

She shouldn't have gotten pregnant. It was selfishness. And she should
have aborted the fetus.

There's not a damned thing admirable in her decisions.

It was selfishness.

So to you "Pro-Choice" means, "make the choice we want you to make, or
we'll make it for you." Huh. Sounds a lot like 1930's Germany to me, or
maybe 1940's Soviet Union under Stalin. Let Big Brother take care of you.

If that's what Obama believes, I want no part of him.

TJ