Default 'Fire Sale' At Florida Boat Dealership

John H wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:03:27 -0700 (PDT), JimH wrote:

On Aug 27, 4:59 pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:10:56 -0400, hk wrote:
Might be a bargain...who knows?
"We regret to inform you that Boats-N-Such Superstores in Orlando
Florida Is Going Out Of Business. Our regret is your opportunity. We
will be selling off our entire inventory of Monterey, Bryant, Century
and Key West Boats during the next 10 days at Manufacturers Invoice.
After that they will all go back to the manufacturers to be
re-distributed to the dealer networks to be sold for retail. As of
August 27th 2008 we have 51 boats in stock. They will go soon, so tell
your friends, relatives and anyone else in the market for a TRUE deal on
a new or pre-owned boat. Liquidation at Manufactures Invoice Sale starts
now and ends when the bank closes our doors. DON'T WAIT, DON'T HESITATE,
GET HERE SOON!!!!"
Sincerely,
Boats-N-Such Management Team
407-425-0977
I don't. Never been to a "Going-out-of-business sale."
But it seems the those I've talked to that have gone to such didn't
have much good to say about it.
Business inventory reminds me of futures trading somewhat.
When on the losing end you hate to take a loss and sometimes
don't face reality - so increase your loss.
That part about the stuff going back to the dealer network to be sold
at retail is pure fantasy.

--Vic

I purchased our one and only new boat from a Chris Craft dealer going
out of business. Got a helluva deal on it and sold it for more than
we purchased it for.

Way to go, Jimh. Was it a Chris Craft Lobsta' Boat?

Chris Craft used to make one hell of a boat, then in the 60's they went
through a series of owners. All trying to see if they could make the
worst boat on the market. They succeeded. They made the 70's - 80's
Bayliner's look like a quality boat.

I think they kept going out of business and someone new would buy the
name and see if they could use the name to sell cheap poorly built
boats. I am not sure if they are still in business or if they have gone
belly up for good, but I haven't seen a Chris Craft dealer in Atlanta
since the 80's.

On Aug 27, 7:21*pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
John H wrote:
[...]

I agree about the overall quality of that boat (compared to the old
CC's) but our boat never failed us mechanically or structurally and I
sold it for more than I paid for it several years later.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:16:41 -0700 (PDT), JimH wrote:

On Aug 27, 7:08*pm, John H wrote:
[...]

Way to go, Jimh. Was it the Chris Craft Lobsta' Boat?

Why thank you John.

210 Scorpion cuddy. We had a great time on that boat. Both my
daughter and son were introduced to boating on that boat.

You mean you actually let them on your boat? While underway?

Was the Scorpion cuddy the Chris Craft Lobsta Style boat?

wrote:
John H wrote:
[...]

That's almost as believable as a Harrytale.
Senior Member

wrote:
John H wrote:
[...]

That's almost as believable as a Harrytale.- Hide quoted text -

"Harrytale" LOL, you just coined a new term...

wrote:
John H wrote:
[...]

Actually during the 70's and 80's it was normal to sell a boat for more
than you paid for it. Inflation kept bumping up the cost of new boats
so much it was easy to sell them for more than you paid for them.
Today, not so much. As Harry said when he was selling his Daddy of YoHo
he was a "motivated seller" "make me an offer".

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Vic,

I would agree. Most I have been to were farces. Invoice? Like cars, they
don't mean anything any more. I have routinely gotten at least 5% under
invoice for cars now for over 10 years. The dealer makes it in "kickbacks"
and "incentives". MSRP, if you paid anywhere near that they found a sucker.

Oh, if I hear of such a sale, I will go, but my expectations have dwindled
to entertainment value.

wrote in message
On Aug 27, 5:03 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

we purchased it for.- Hide quoted text -

Getting almost as unbelievable as Harry!

could be true. I went to boat dealer going out of business sale and they
forgot to put a reserve price on the boats. At least 1 boat. Guy got it
for about 10% of value. After that they stated there was a reserve value.

On Aug 28, 1:00*am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 27, 5:03 pm, JimH wrote:

[...]

for about 10% of value. *After that they stated there was a reserve value.- Hide quoted text -

Just like car salesmen, they'll make you THINK you're getting them by
the short hairs....while they're laughing all the way to the bank.
Where you been fishing lately, man?

On Aug 27, 7:16*pm, JimH wrote:
On Aug 27, 7:08*pm, John H wrote:

[...]

daughter and son were introduced to boating on that boat.- Hide quoted text -

According to Harry, you should have had a policeman show up (with a
social worker riding shotgun) and had you arrested for child
endangerment.

Florida Boat for sale Regal953 General 0 February 17th 08 03:35 PM
original 1964 FORD DEALERSHIP wall ID engine/car chart-427- [email protected] General 4 February 8th 05 12:24 AM
FS:Year End Close Out Sale in Florida Seasurplus Marketplace 0 December 19th 03 10:24 PM
For Sale: Canoe in Venice Florida MJR General 0 October 30th 03 09:33 AM
FS: 14' Aluminum boat for sale in Florida miami vice Marketplace 0 October 10th 03 03:47 AM