Canuck57[_3_] Canuck57[_3_] is offline

Default 'Fire Sale' At Florida Boat Dealership

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:10:56 -0400, hk wrote:

Might be a bargain...who knows?

"We regret to inform you that Boats-N-Such Superstores in Orlando
Florida Is Going Out Of Business. Our regret is your opportunity. We
will be selling off our entire inventory of Monterey, Bryant, Century
and Key West Boats during the next 10 days at Manufacturers Invoice.
After that they will all go back to the manufacturers to be
re-distributed to the dealer networks to be sold for retail. As of
August 27th 2008 we have 51 boats in stock. They will go soon, so tell
your friends, relatives and anyone else in the market for a TRUE deal on
a new or pre-owned boat. Liquidation at Manufactures Invoice Sale starts
now and ends when the bank closes our doors. DON'T WAIT, DON'T HESITATE,
GET HERE SOON!!!!"

Sincerely,
Boats-N-Such Management Team
407-425-0977

I don't. Never been to a "Going-out-of-business sale."
But it seems the those I've talked to that have gone to such didn't
have much good to say about it.
Business inventory reminds me of futures trading somewhat.
When on the losing end you hate to take a loss and sometimes
don't face reality - so increase your loss.
That part about the stuff going back to the dealer network to be sold
at retail is pure fantasy.

--Vic

Vic,

I would agree. Most I have been to were farces. Invoice? Like cars, they
don't mean anything any more. I have routinely gotten at least 5% under
invoice for cars now for over 10 years. The dealer makes it in "kickbacks"
and "incentives". MSRP, if you paid anywhere near that they found a sucker.

Oh, if I hear of such a sale, I will go, but my expectations have dwindled
to entertainment value.