Senior Member

Default 'Fire Sale' At Florida Boat Dealership

On Aug 27, 7:16*pm, JimH wrote:
On Aug 27, 7:08*pm, John H wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:03:27 -0700 (PDT), JimH wrote:
On Aug 27, 4:59*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:10:56 -0400, hk wrote:
Might be a bargain...who knows?

"We regret to inform you that Boats-N-Such Superstores in Orlando
Florida Is Going Out Of Business. Our regret is your opportunity. We
will be selling off our entire inventory of Monterey, Bryant, Century
and Key West Boats during the next 10 days at Manufacturers Invoice..
After that they will all go back to the manufacturers to be
re-distributed to the dealer networks to be sold for retail. As of
August 27th 2008 we have 51 boats in stock. They will go soon, so tell
your friends, relatives and anyone else in the market for a TRUE deal on
a new or pre-owned boat. Liquidation at Manufactures Invoice Sale starts
now and ends when the bank closes our doors. DON'T WAIT, DON'T HESITATE,
GET HERE SOON!!!!"

Sincerely,
Boats-N-Such Management Team
407-425-0977

I don't. *Never been to a "Going-out-of-business sale."
But it seems the those I've talked to that have gone to such didn't
have much good to say about it.
Business inventory reminds me of futures trading somewhat.
When on the losing end you hate to take a loss and sometimes
don't face reality - so increase your loss.
That part about the stuff going back to the dealer network to be sold
at retail is pure fantasy.

--Vic

I purchased our one and only new boat from a Chris Craft dealer going
out of business. * Got a helluva deal on it and sold it for more than
we purchased it for.

Way to go, Jimh.

Why thank you John.

210 Scorpion cuddy. *We had a great time on that boat. *Both my
daughter and son were introduced to boating on that boat.- Hide quoted text -

Question.. Did you ever tow your kids without gear? Did you ever, I
mean ever, let one of your kids drive the boat, be honest now? Were
any or you "too many times to count" sports related injuries ever
happen while boating, maybe traveling faster than my kids bikes,
without any safety gear but a lifejacket? Cause, my kid wears
waaaaaaayyyyy more protective gear riding than the law calls for, can
you say the same?

wrote in message
On Aug 28, 1:00 am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 27, 5:03 pm, JimH wrote:

[...]

we purchased it for.- Hide quoted text -

Getting almost as unbelievable as Harry!

could be true. I went to boat dealer going out of business sale and they
forgot to put a reserve price on the boats. At least 1 boat. Guy got it
for about 10% of value. After that they stated there was a reserve value.-

Just like car salesmen, they'll make you THINK you're getting them by
the short hairs....while they're laughing all the way to the bank.
Where you been fishing lately, man?

Cherry Lake in the Sierras. Weekends have been to car races. Off shortly
to San Diego for some tuna fishing.

On Aug 28, 10:28*am, wrote:
On Aug 27, 7:16*pm, JimH wrote:

On Aug 27, 7:08*pm, John H wrote:

[...]

If gear means life jackets the answer is no. They were not pulled on
skiis or in a tube until they were older. And they wore their jackets
while in the boat (heads up jackets when they were young and did not
know how to swim).

Did you ever, I
mean ever, let one of your kids drive the boat, be honest now?

Of course. Both have passed boating safety classes and carry
certification. I taught them how to drive and maneuver the boat once
they were of age.

Were
any or you "too many times to count" sports related injuries ever
happen while boating, maybe traveling faster than my kids bikes,
without any safety gear but a lifejacket?

No. And they were not sports related (except for my daughters broken
wrist while playing basketball).

Cause, my kid wears
waaaaaaayyyyy more protective gear riding than the law calls for, can
you say the same?

Why do I care?

wrote in message

On Aug 27, 5:03 pm, JimH wrote:

[...]

to San Diego for some tuna fishing.- Hide quoted text -

Do you have someone in SD or do you get a charter or party boat?

On Aug 28, 1:53*pm, JimH wrote:
On Aug 28, 10:28*am, wrote:

On Aug 27, 7:16*pm, JimH wrote:

On Aug 27, 7:08*pm, John H wrote:

[...]

Boating is very dangerous, according to Harry, you should have been
arrested by the cop that had the social working riding with him.

Were
any or you "too many times to count" sports related injuries ever
happen while boating, maybe traveling faster than my kids bikes,
without any safety gear but a lifejacket?

No. * And they were not sports related (except for my daughters broken
wrist while playing basketball).

How did they happen then? Were they not being supervised at the time?

Cause, my kid wears
waaaaaaayyyyy more protective gear riding than the law calls for, can
you say the same?

Why do I care?- Hide quoted text -

Harryclone, if you don't care, why in hell are you always whining
about what someone else's kid does?

wrote:
[...]

I go midweek on boats out of Seaforth Landing. Took my other boat down
years ago. To much hassle. Senior rate and is only about $75 for a 3/4 day
to the Coronado Isl includes MX permit and live bait. 1/2 day local is
probably $45 now with fuel surcharge. We have friend in Mission Beach, so
do some surfing and fishing, etc. If the Albacore are in 1 day range I will
take an overnight boat once.

wrote:
[...]

take an overnight boat once.- Hide quoted text -

Thats sounds like a hell of a good time!

Florida Boat for sale Regal953 General 0 February 17th 08 04:35 PM
original 1964 FORD DEALERSHIP wall ID engine/car chart-427- [email protected] General 4 February 8th 05 01:24 AM
FS:Year End Close Out Sale in Florida Seasurplus Marketplace 0 December 19th 03 11:24 PM
For Sale: Canoe in Venice Florida MJR General 0 October 30th 03 10:33 AM
FS: 14' Aluminum boat for sale in Florida miami vice Marketplace 0 October 10th 03 03:47 AM