HK HK is offline

Default McCain up by 2 ;)

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

I am a registered Democrat. I haven't read through a Democratic party
platform document in decades, probably not since 1970. I have no idea
what is in this year's "platform," and I couldn't care less. My father
in law is a lifelong registered Republican. I haven't asked him, but I
suspect he has never ever read a GOP party platform document.

Question then:

When you enter your voting booth, do you vote a straight Democratic
ticket?

Or, do you pick and choose, voting for a Republican here and there if you
think the person running is better qualified.

Honest answer only, please.

Eisboch

As I stated, I am a registered Democrat.

I typically vote a straight Democratic ticket for all national and all
statewide officeholders, e.g., president, U.S. senator, U.S.
representative, governor, lieutenant governor, state delegate or state
senator. The last Republican presidential candidate I voted for was
Richard M. Nixon in 1972. I did not vote for Gerry Ford, though I liked
him, and I never voted for Reagan or either of the Bushes. I like George
H.W. Bush, but not enough to vote for him.

For county/local officials, I will sometimes vote for an incumbent
Republican if I know the candidate and am impressed by the job being done.
I voted for a Republican officeholder in the 2006 local elections.

But...I don't pay any attention to party platforms.

Well, you may not pay any attention to them, but by voting a straight ticket
for the national elections, you are supporting them .

You've also supported the point I tried to make, meaning individual
credentials aren't as important to you as the general party platform. To
me, that's a dumb way to vote.

Eisboch

This is silliness. I vote for Democrats for national office because I
have an affinity to Democratic party philosophies and because, since
1980, the Republicans have done everything within their power to ruin
this country and mortgage its future.

It has nothing to do with platforms. It has everything to do with
philosophies and actions and results.

In the last eight years, this country has been plunged right into the
toilet, thanks to the philosophies and actions of George W. Bush. The
"conservatives" who I presume wrote the GOP platforms in 2000 and 2004
claim Bush is "not" a conservative, so I assume he is in conflict with
his own party's platform in some ways. All that means to me is that he
takes his own party's turgid platform documents about as seriously as
every other elected pol...which means not at all.

From my dreadful and long experiences writing language for union
convention platform committees and my equally long status as a
"hanger-on" to Democratic party procedures and meetings, I assure you
that no one except those on the committees give a **** about the
platforms anymore.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

Once again, I do not know what is in the "general party platform," nor
do I care. I am, however, sure the platform has the same positions on
many issues as I do, and differs on a few issues.

I support Obama because I have listened to him carefully and believe of
the two candidates, he is the one who will lead us out of our morass.
His positions on issues are similar to mine. So. I selected Obama
because of his positions and of course because of his credentials.

McCain's "conservatism" as stated in his own words make me want to puke.

WAFA. Seems like you don't like being catagorized as a "lemming" and are
trying to convince us that you aren't.
You vote the ticket. YOU ARE A LEMMING. Makes one think you aren't as
bright as you think you are.

hk wrote:
..

McCain's "conservatism" as stated in his own words make me want to puke.

Whatever happened to the McCain, the independent minded statesman whom
you had the highest respect and thought would make a good president? As
recently as last Jan/Feb, that was your opinion of McCain. I think this
highlights your character and lack of principles much more than reflects
on McCain's character and principles.

Senior Member

On Aug 28, 11:20*am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

*From my dreadful and long experiences writing language for union
convention platform committees and my equally long status as a
"hanger-on" to Democratic party procedures and meetings, I assure you
that no one except those on the committees give a **** about the
platforms anymore.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!- Hide quoted text -

It's much more sinister than that. You vote dem because you make your
living on the backs of "organized labor" and the dems support that.
It's all about you, you are fooling nobody... you are a greedy little
pig. Everytime you open your mouth, you prove it...

"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:

hk wrote:

[...]

Party platforms *are* the planned actions (goals) and reflect current party
philosophies.

Semantics at work here.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

To some extent, they might.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:38:42 -0400, hk wrote:

I have no idea
what is in this year's "platform," and I couldn't care less.

I always say "I could care less."
Then the grammarians get involved too.

--Vic

Anyone hear McCain... hk General 40 August 22nd 08 04:00 AM
McCain Vic Smith General 0 August 21st 08 05:40 AM
How About Some McCain Waffles for Breakfast? hk General 11 August 14th 08 02:37 PM
The Real McCain - 2 hk General 6 August 11th 08 11:58 AM
Tom's Boy McCain...Nothing but B.S. hk General 2 August 11th 08 02:23 AM