HK HK is offline

Default McCain up by 2 ;)

Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

I am a registered Democrat. I haven't read through a Democratic party
platform document in decades, probably not since 1970. I have no idea
what is in this year's "platform," and I couldn't care less. My father
in law is a lifelong registered Republican. I haven't asked him, but I
suspect he has never ever read a GOP party platform document.

Question then:

When you enter your voting booth, do you vote a straight Democratic ticket?

Or, do you pick and choose, voting for a Republican here and there if you
think the person running is better qualified.

Honest answer only, please.

Eisboch

As I stated, I am a registered Democrat.

I typically vote a straight Democratic ticket for all national and all
statewide officeholders, e.g., president, U.S. senator, U.S.
representative, governor, lieutenant governor, state delegate or state
senator. The last Republican presidential candidate I voted for was
Richard M. Nixon in 1972. I did not vote for Gerry Ford, though I liked
him, and I never voted for Reagan or either of the Bushes. I like George
H.W. Bush, but not enough to vote for him.

For county/local officials, I will sometimes vote for an incumbent
Republican if I know the candidate and am impressed by the job being
done. I voted for a Republican officeholder in the 2006 local elections.

But...I don't pay any attention to party platforms.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Whatever Russia does, there's nothing in McCain's resume that indicate he
will be equipped to deal with it.

There certainly is.

If it comes to real push and shoves, who *is* better equipped? Certainly
not Obama. Even if he spoke Russian, he couldn't simply flutter his eyelids
and talk his way out of a confrontation. What's he going to do, temporarily
hand over the responsibilities of POTUS to Biden until the problem HOPEfully
goes away?

I don't think anyone should be fooled by McCain's soft voice and demeanor.
Behind the weathered, 72 year old body is a fabric of steel.

Eisboch

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
I vote for the person who I think will best serve the best interests
of the USA in national and international issues, not for the one who
will best forward a political party's agenda, developed through
political compromise and back room deals.

Eisboch

You don't have to be "registered" to be a Republican or a Democrat.
If you vote mostly Republican, you are a Republican. You vote mostly
Republican, I am sure, especially for President.

In the past, I've voted both. I voted for Carter once and I voted for
Clinton once.
Does that surprise you?

So, I don't consider myself a Republican or a Democrat. I simply vote
for one or the other, depending on my modest judgement of who will
best serve the national interests of the USA.

One of the attractive qualities of Obama .... in fact maybe the *only*
attractive quality .... is that a President Obama would probably be
better equipped to salvage and repair our image abroad at the moment.
Not to be pandering to forgein opinion, but in this day and age
respect of the USA by others is important to our national interests,
economy and security. I realize that and it's an important issue.
Bush's policies, right or wrong, have pretty much demolished any
international respect.

On the other hand, Russia is flexing it's muscles again, taking full
advantage of our current weaknesses and lack of international support.
That also has me a bit concerned. I don't think academic diplomacy
alone will nip it.

The office of POTUS is more about leadership in a global environment
than it is about detailed social policies at home, IMO.
There are other bodies of elected representatives (Congress) that
should be doing their job.

As for McCain's VP pick? I really don't know. A couple of weeks
ago I was thinking it would be Romney for sure, but I have a hunch
that we may be in for a surprise.

Eisboch

Whatever Russia does, there's nothing in McCain's resume that indicate
he will be equipped to deal with it.

Obama wants to take us down the same road headed in the direction that
Putin's u-turn will take Russia.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Whatever Russia does, there's nothing in McCain's resume that indicate he
will be equipped to deal with it.

There certainly is.

If it comes to real push and shoves, who *is* better equipped? Certainly
not Obama. Even if he spoke Russian, he couldn't simply flutter his eyelids
and talk his way out of a confrontation. What's he going to do, temporarily
hand over the responsibilities of POTUS to Biden until the problem HOPEfully
goes away?

I don't think anyone should be fooled by McCain's soft voice and demeanor.
Behind the weathered, 72 year old body is a fabric of steel.

Eisboch

Sorry, but five years in a POW camp 35 years old ain't the chops one
needs to be CiC. Sucking up to Bush the last year ain't the chops,
either. McCain has a hot temper and a short fuse, just like the
incompetent twerp now occupying the White House. I had some respect for
McCain until he transmogrified himself into Bush. All McCain will do is
precipitate World War III, and, in fact, he probably would do so just to
help his corporate sponsors in the military-industrial complex.

McCain: Lots of Experience, No Judgment.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

Well, you may not pay any attention to them, but by voting a straight ticket
for the national elections, you are supporting them .

You've also supported the point I tried to make, meaning individual
credentials aren't as important to you as the general party platform. To
me, that's a dumb way to vote.

Eisboch

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

All of your reasons for not liking McCain are characteristics that have
been part of McCain's character for most of his adult life. Why the
sudden change of heart towards this person you thought was a very highly
respected statesman, who a few short years ago, you believed would make
a great president. The only thing that has changed is your opinion of
McCain. it really does call into question your judgment and opinions on
any issue. It looks like your opinion is dictated by whatever talking
points you see on TV
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

Once again, I do not know what is in the "general party platform," nor
do I care. I am, however, sure the platform has the same positions on
many issues as I do, and differs on a few issues.

I support Obama because I have listened to him carefully and believe of
the two candidates, he is the one who will lead us out of our morass.
His positions on issues are similar to mine. So. I selected Obama
because of his positions and of course because of his credentials.

McCain's "conservatism" as stated in his own words make me want to puke.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

You just got backed into a corner and now you don't know what to do.

Nice work Richard.

Senior Member

On Aug 28, 11:05*am, BAR wrote:
hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:
hk wrote:

[...]

Nice work Richard.- Hide quoted text -

Really, to talk about Obama's credentials is a joke... He won't take
any stand, and votes "present" on every important vote he has taken.
The "huge controversial vote" that Biden credited him with, was a
minor house cleaning military bill, which passed on a 99-0 voice
vote As far a credentials, he has zero. He has never run anything.
However, we do like McCain have a long history of friends and partners
we can look at, and Obamas' don't look good...

Anyone hear McCain... hk General 40 August 22nd 08 04:00 AM
McCain Vic Smith General 0 August 21st 08 05:40 AM
How About Some McCain Waffles for Breakfast? hk General 11 August 14th 08 02:37 PM
The Real McCain - 2 hk General 6 August 11th 08 11:58 AM
Tom's Boy McCain...Nothing but B.S. hk General 2 August 11th 08 02:23 AM