Default Just fresh from the lake...

Took a 2020 Action Craft flats boat out this morning pushed along by a
175 Verado.

I like this boat - it's not as much of a compromise boat as bay boat -
pure flats boat and, frankly, I was surprized at just how stable this
boat is compared to it's smaller siblings. I'm on the plus side of
the physical ledger and I couldn't really make the boat heel much at
all when moving from side-to-side.

I liked the little things that can make a difference - like a round
live well located in the bow which is different - round live wells are
a distinct advantage over square - that's a big plus. Most flats
boats don't place a big premium on storage, but this one had plenty.
Form and fit was of high quality and very smooth planing off - not a
lot of bow lift to get it on plane which for somebody like me who
likes to ease into the throttle rather than bury it, is a big deal.
One interesting item I found out was the "dry" storage can be plumbed
for live well use and it's not strictly a factory option - you can DIY
with some patience and planning.

The more I do orientation and repair tests on Verados, the more
impressed I am - vast improvement over other four strokes and despite
my purely obstinate distaste for four stroke outboards, these are
something else.

So the new owner is happy, settled into loading and unloading with no
problems and is now running aorund on the lake having a ball.

It was nice to get back out for a while anyway.

Lake Lanier and the Chattahoochee River below Lake Lanier SundayOct. 22, 2007 Reginald P. Smithers III General 13 October 25th 07 07:56 PM
Bit fresh this afternoon! Bart ASA 12 October 10th 06 09:25 PM
Houseboating Memorial Day Lake Mead and Lake Mohave USATraveler General 2 May 19th 06 05:26 PM
"Lake Powell: Arizona lake level finally returning" [email protected] General 0 June 16th 05 02:07 PM