Default Minor miracle?

JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:18:34 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:
If the oil pan rusts out or develops a leak,
Oil pans don't rust out around these parts. No salt.
Casady

As he said, do what you think is in your best interest, but the law is
written so that ANY gas/oil that will leave a sheen on the water can
result in HIGH fines. Technically if you overfill your gas tank and a
ounce of gas ends up in the water, you could face an outrageous fine.

This is the reason why all marinas I ever visit require the boat owner
to fill their tanks. That way they are not responsible for overfilling
a tank.

Does the EPA and CG respond to and fine folks in GA for overfilling
the gas tanks on their boats?

We have the option of filling our tanks ourselves or having the dock
attendant do it for us.

I said the law is written so technically any gas or oil that will leave
a sheen on the water is illegal. "Under federal law (the Oil Pollution
Act of 1990 and the Clean Water Act) it is illegal to discharge any
petroleum product into the water. By law, any oil or fuel spill that
leaves a sheen on the water must be reported to the U.S. Coast Guard at
1-800-424-8802."

While you are required to report the discharge. anyone with a video
camera or cell phone could film the discharge and report it to the state
DNR, the Coast Guard or EPA along with the video of your boat and state
registration number.

So while this law is not enforced for tiny spills, it is important for
people to understand it could be enforced anytime a local enforcement
agent or environmentalist wanted to publicize the problem.

Ask Gene about the trailer laws in NC that were not enforced for many
years, until some local and state police started to enforce the laws and
write tickets and give expensive fines.

My boat insurance has a $800,000 fuel spill protection.

It doesn't bother me if you or anyone else would prefer to "hope" they
don't have a illegal discharge. As i told Cassedy, do whatever you
think is in your best interest. I was just highlighting what the law is.

On Aug 24, 5:41*pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

I have full insurance coverage also......that was not the issue I
asked you about.

Answer my previous question.

hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:18:34 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:
If the oil pan rusts out or develops a leak,
Oil pans don't rust out around these parts. No salt.
Casady
As he said, do what you think is in your best interest, but the law is
written so that ANY gas/oil that will leave a sheen on the water can
result in HIGH fines. Technically if you overfill your gas tank and a
ounce of gas ends up in the water, you could face an outrageous fine.

This is the reason why all marinas I ever visit require the boat owner
to fill their tanks. That way they are not responsible for overfilling
a tank.

Does the EPA and CG respond to and fine folks in GA for overfilling
the gas tanks on their boats?

We have the option of filling our tanks ourselves or having the dock
attendant do it for us.

Let's be real here...how often is Reggie "filling the tank" on his
imaginary bubble boat to drive around that dried up lake?

Parker puts fairly large gasoline tanks in its boats. My 21-footer has a
100-gallon tank. I keep it about half full. Another 50 gallons of fuel
is another 350 pounds or so... No need to be carrying that much extra
weight.

When i said "filling" the tank, I meant holding the gas nozzle and
putting gas into the tank, not necessarily filling the tank to maximum
capacity. If I get close to actually filling the tank, my fuel vent
will overflow, so I try to make sure I don't overfill the tank, but I
have done it a time or two. I often see runabout and PWC's spilling
fuel into the water and I expect to see this become a major issue soon.

On Aug 24, 5:47*pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
wrote:
hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

So did you report the overfill to the CG and EPA?

Otherwise....why are you making it an issue in this discussion?

wrote:
hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

Was I talking to you?

HK HK is offline

wrote:
hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

Ohhh...someone write this one down, too. Reggie lied. Again. In two
years, we can bring this up. Oh, wait..that's Reggie's rice bowl here.

wrote:
hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
wrote:
[...]

What statement did I say that was a lie? I never said the DNR, EPA or
CG enforced all minor spills. I never said I NEVER had a minor spill.
I did say it could easily become a major issue, and I would never boat
or recommend anyone else boat without oil spill protection.

In two years I will say the same thing.

On Aug 24, 5:52*pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
wrote:
hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

No, you were posting replies to me on a NG.

Once cannot talk to each other here Reggie.
DK DK is offline

wrote:
hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
wrote:
[...]

He doesn't care. He just needs to type..and type...

Rescue Minor Vic Smith General 13 August 20th 08 04:08 PM
AIS Miracle near Liverpool! Larry Cruising 19 September 3rd 06 02:50 AM
AIS Miracle near Liverpool! Larry Electronics 17 September 3rd 06 02:50 AM
Miracle Oil Additives. Wm Shakespeare Smithers General 32 January 4th 06 02:35 AM
Miracle Oil Additives. UglyDan®©™ General 7 January 3rd 06 05:15 PM