Default Minor miracle?

I called my insurance man about insurance for my 1979 22 ft Starcraft.
He said anything under 175 HP was covered under the household
insurance, and 170 HP was under the limit.

Casady

"Richard Casady" wrote in message

I called my insurance man about insurance for my 1979 22 ft Starcraft.
He said anything under 175 HP was covered under the household
insurance, and 170 HP was under the limit.

Casady

The only problem with those household insurance riders for boats is that
they rarely cover oil or fuel spill protection, if that's important to you.

Eisboch

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:23:19 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
.. .

I called my insurance man about insurance for my 1979 22 ft Starcraft.
He said anything under 175 HP was covered under the household
insurance, and 170 HP was under the limit.

Casady

The only problem with those household insurance riders for boats is that
they rarely cover oil or fuel spill protection, if that's important to you.

Eisboch

Twenty foot deep Spirit Lake Iowa doesn't get waves big enough to sink
a 22 foot boat. Its only five miles wide, not much fetch. There are
more automobiles on the bottom of that lake than boats. Ice fishing.
It is actually realistic to plan on not sinking. If I decide to take
it down the Mississippi and through the ICW, I may rethink that.

Casady

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:23:19 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
. ..

I called my insurance man about insurance for my 1979 22 ft Starcraft.
He said anything under 175 HP was covered under the household
insurance, and 170 HP was under the limit.

Casady

The only problem with those household insurance riders for boats is that
they rarely cover oil or fuel spill protection, if that's important to
you.

Eisboch

Twenty foot deep Spirit Lake Iowa doesn't get waves big enough to sink
a 22 foot boat. Its only five miles wide, not much fetch. There are
more automobiles on the bottom of that lake than boats. Ice fishing.
It is actually realistic to plan on not sinking. If I decide to take
it down the Mississippi and through the ICW, I may rethink that.

Casady

Your call. You don't have to sink a boat to get a half million dollar
clean up bill from the government.
Realistically, a small outboard powered boat is a safer risk than an
inboard. If the oil pan rusts out or develops a leak, on an I/O, dumps the
oil into the bilge and your trusty bilge pump promptly discharges it
overboard .... *that's* when you may have problems without oil spill
coverage.

Eisboch

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:18:34 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

If the oil pan rusts out or develops a leak,

Oil pans don't rust out around these parts. No salt.

Casady

Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:18:34 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

If the oil pan rusts out or develops a leak,

Oil pans don't rust out around these parts. No salt.

Casady

As he said, do what you think is in your best interest, but the law is
written so that ANY gas/oil that will leave a sheen on the water can
result in HIGH fines. Technically if you overfill your gas tank and a
ounce of gas ends up in the water, you could face an outrageous fine.

This is the reason why all marinas I ever visit require the boat owner
to fill their tanks. That way they are not responsible for overfilling
a tank.

On Aug 24, 5:03*pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:18:34 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

If the oil pan rusts out or develops a leak,

Oil pans don't rust out around these parts. No salt.

Casady

As he said, do what you think is in your best interest, but the law is
written so that ANY gas/oil that will leave a sheen on the water can
result in HIGH fines. *Technically if you overfill your gas tank and a
ounce of gas ends up in the water, you could face an outrageous fine.

This is the reason why all marinas I ever visit require the boat owner
to fill their tanks. *That way they are not responsible for overfilling
a tank.

Does the EPA and CG respond to and fine folks in GA for overfilling
the gas tanks on their boats?

We have the option of filling our tanks ourselves or having the dock
attendant do it for us.
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:03 pm, RPSIII wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:18:34 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:
If the oil pan rusts out or develops a leak,
Oil pans don't rust out around these parts. No salt.
Casady

As he said, do what you think is in your best interest, but the law is
written so that ANY gas/oil that will leave a sheen on the water can
result in HIGH fines. Technically if you overfill your gas tank and a
ounce of gas ends up in the water, you could face an outrageous fine.

This is the reason why all marinas I ever visit require the boat owner
to fill their tanks. That way they are not responsible for overfilling
a tank.

Does the EPA and CG respond to and fine folks in GA for overfilling
the gas tanks on their boats?

We have the option of filling our tanks ourselves or having the dock
attendant do it for us.

Let's be real here...how often is Reggie "filling the tank" on his
imaginary bubble boat to drive around that dried up lake?

Parker puts fairly large gasoline tanks in its boats. My 21-footer has a
100-gallon tank. I keep it about half full. Another 50 gallons of fuel
is another 350 pounds or so... No need to be carrying that much extra
weight.

Rescue Minor Vic Smith General 13 August 20th 08 04:08 PM
AIS Miracle near Liverpool! Larry Cruising 19 September 3rd 06 02:50 AM
AIS Miracle near Liverpool! Larry Electronics 17 September 3rd 06 02:50 AM
Miracle Oil Additives. Wm Shakespeare Smithers General 32 January 4th 06 02:35 AM
Miracle Oil Additives. UglyDan®©™ General 7 January 3rd 06 05:15 PM