Default Moving tie down points on a trailer

I am going to be fitting SMART TABS in coming week.
I have a Maxum 1800SR3 on a Karavan bunk trailer.

The TABS position means that the tie down straps at the rear can't be used
from the current transom points to trailer fittings.
You can see them in this pictu

http://www.esnips.com/doc/16bc8c4e-e.../Transom-view2

or

http://tinyurl.com/6bhvst

Position on Tabs will be at position B in above photo ... which means straps
will have to be moved.
Anybody know of a neat way to provide new Tie down points without welding ?
i.e. something that I can bolt on.

Ideally with U bolts or similar ... looked in Indespension catalogue but not
found anything.

From what I can see, you simply need to move the lower tie-down mount
from the outer bunk bracket to the inner.
JR

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:27:58 +0100, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

I am going to be fitting SMART TABS in coming week.
I have a Maxum 1800SR3 on a Karavan bunk trailer.

The TABS position means that the tie down straps at the rear can't be used
from the current transom points to trailer fittings.
You can see them in this pictu

http://www.esnips.com/doc/16bc8c4e-e.../Transom-view2

or

http://tinyurl.com/6bhvst

Position on Tabs will be at position B in above photo ... which means straps
will have to be moved.
Anybody know of a neat way to provide new Tie down points without welding ?
i.e. something that I can bolt on.

Ideally with U bolts or similar ... looked in Indespension catalogue but not
found anything.

HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

wrote:

I am going to be fitting SMART TABS in coming week.
I have a Maxum 1800SR3 on a Karavan bunk trailer.

The TABS position means that the tie down straps at the rear can't be used
from the current transom points to trailer fittings.
You can see them in this pictu

http://www.esnips.com/doc/16bc8c4e-e.../Transom-view2

or

http://tinyurl.com/6bhvst

Position on Tabs will be at position B in above photo ... which means straps
will have to be moved.
Anybody know of a neat way to provide new Tie down points without welding ?
i.e. something that I can bolt on.

Ideally with U bolts or similar ... looked in Indespension catalogue but not
found anything.

Use a strap over the whole boat. Then you can leave everything as is and do
no welding. I did that for years and had no problems. You may have to drill
and bolt on a couple of eyes on the trailer frame, but that's no big deal.

"JR North" wrote in message
From what I can see, you simply need to move the lower tie-down mount
from the outer bunk bracket to the inner.
JR

Actually they are welded on to outer longitudinal trailer members ... but I
could get bracket made to bolt to bunk support

"John H." salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote in message

Use a strap over the whole boat. Then you can leave everything as is and
do
no welding. I did that for years and had no problems. You may have to
drill
and bolt on a couple of eyes on the trailer frame, but that's no big deal.

want to avoid doing that ... wrong way to load trailer, manufacturer of boat
& trailer both advise against that.
It is way I had previous boat strapped down .. but trying to do this
properly this time.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:01:33 +0100, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

"John H." salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote in message
.. .

Use a strap over the whole boat. Then you can leave everything as is and
do
no welding. I did that for years and had no problems. You may have to
drill
and bolt on a couple of eyes on the trailer frame, but that's no big deal.

want to avoid doing that ... wrong way to load trailer, manufacturer of boat
& trailer both advise against that.
It is way I had previous boat strapped down .. but trying to do this
properly this time.

My last boat came that way, but it was probably built with the strength in
the right places to take it. I'd guess the boat manufacturer knows best.

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message

"JR North" wrote in message
From what I can see, you simply need to move the lower tie-down mount
from the outer bunk bracket to the inner.
JR

Actually they are welded on to outer longitudinal trailer members ... but
I could get bracket made to bolt to bunk support

Go to any trailer supply. They can probably supply you bolt on brackets.
My trailer uses bolt on's.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:53:44 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Go to any trailer supply. They can probably supply you bolt on brackets.
My trailer uses bolt on's.

Welding can be lighter and cheaper, but not if you have to drag the
trailer to the welder. I guess some of them make house calls. Bolt on
works well.

Casady

wrote:

Go to any trailer supply. They can probably supply you bolt on brackets.
My trailer uses bolt on's.

Welding can be lighter and cheaper, but not if you have to drag the
trailer to the welder. I guess some of them make house calls. Bolt on
works well.

Casady

I have an EZloader trailer and also a welder. But galvanized trailers are
better not welded on if I want to stay less rusty.

Moving boat from stands to trailer? woopei ASA 1 November 10th 06 01:39 AM
Moving boat from stands to trailer? woopei ASA 2 November 7th 06 06:55 PM
Briggs & Stratton 16 HP engine-points actuating rod not moving enough ? UNIVERSAL MIND General 7 November 9th 05 01:20 AM
500 asa points john cairns ASA 14 March 10th 05 01:02 PM
O.T. Some Good Points RGrew176 General 1 January 10th 04 08:04 AM