Default Which is funnier...

And why?

1 - Two cannibals are eating a clown and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

2 - Two cannibals are eating clams and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

In case you are wondering, I have $100 riding on which one is funnier.
It's a long story - suffice to say that one of my best friends and I
have a "great debate" going about it.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:39:01 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

And why?

1 - Two cannibals are eating a clown and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

When a joke is spoken or written, it still creates a visual picture.
In this one I see the clown suit, big shoes, and maybe a leg sticking
out of the pot. The cannibals are black, wear loincloths, and have
bones in their noses.
The whole picture is "funny," including the punchline.

2 - Two cannibals are eating clams and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

Doesn't make a picture.
Why would cannibals be eating clams when they can spear a clown?
Don't even look like cannibals. Just a couple guys eating clams.
Totally lame.

In case you are wondering, I have $100 riding on which one is funnier.
It's a long story - suffice to say that one of my best friends and I
have a "great debate" going about it.

I hope you won.
If you lost, you deserve to.

--Vic

And why?

1 - Two cannibals are eating a clown and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

2 - Two cannibals are eating clams and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

In case you are wondering, I have $100 riding on which one is funnier.
It's a long story - suffice to say that one of my best friends and I
have a "great debate" going about it.

You ought to stick with navel lint contenplation. 8)

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
And why?

1 - Two cannibals are eating a clown and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

2 - Two cannibals are eating clams and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

In case you are wondering, I have $100 riding on which one is funnier.
It's a long story - suffice to say that one of my best friends and I
have a "great debate" going about it.

Knowing you as I think I do, and admittedly we've never met, I think you
are going with #2. Reason being, the cannibals must think it odd to be
eating something that was NOT human.

DownTime wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
And why?

1 - Two cannibals are eating a clown and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

2 - Two cannibals are eating clams and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

In case you are wondering, I have $100 riding on which one is funnier.
It's a long story - suffice to say that one of my best friends and I
have a "great debate" going about it.

Knowing you as I think I do, and admittedly we've never met, I think you
are going with #2. Reason being, the cannibals must think it odd to be
eating something that was NOT human.

You are correct, but for anyone else, Number 1 is definitely funnier.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:11:45 -0400, DownTime
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
And why?

1 - Two cannibals are eating a clown and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

2 - Two cannibals are eating clams and one says to the other - "Does
this taste funny to you?"

In case you are wondering, I have $100 riding on which one is funnier.
It's a long story - suffice to say that one of my best friends and I
have a "great debate" going about it.

Knowing you as I think I do, and admittedly we've never met, I think you
are going with #2. Reason being, the cannibals must think it odd to be
eating something that was NOT human.

Exactly.

This whole issue came up at a meeting with my bud who is a Superior
Court justice and has been announced as Chief Justice when the current
Chief Justice retires.

He is a big time Jerry Garcia/Dead fan and I made a crack about
becoming the head judge. Get it? Head judge?

The conversation continued and after about two minutes, he said to me
- "Much too subtle to be funny - it's funny, but too subtle".

Which launched us into a discussion about perception (we wandered off
into the why's and how's of why people can recognize a chair, for
example, even if it's an extreme example of what a chair would look
like) and after haggling about that for a half hour, we came back
around to the nature of humor which prompted the question from me
about which cannibal joke was funnier.

He opts for #1.

I opt for #2. :)

So - aren't you glad you asked?
HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Which launched us into a discussion about perception (we wandered off
into the why's and how's of why people can recognize a chair, for
example, even if it's an extreme example of what a chair would look
like) and after haggling about that for a half hour, we came back
around to the nature of humor which prompted the question from me
about which cannibal joke was funnier.

Obviously, you need to watch Matrix #1 again. What a chair is was
explained by Morpheus.

#1.

Clowns are funny.......clams are not.

But if someone else eats some really bad clams (recall John Belushi in a
SNL skit years ago), then it becomes funny.