Default Cockpit drainage, lets try again

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
On Aug 19, 9:58 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

OK, lets try for some real info this time and no insults. Do so-
called offshore boats really have good scuppers? Can anybody provide
a link to a pic of such?
Next, areas below the deck, are they sealed on offshore boats or
accessible via a hatch? How much do said hatches leak? (my sealed
compartments have 6" screw in type access ports).
By that controversial Florida fellow:

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/sinking.htm

Eisboch

I like Pasco. Interesting that he says to seal up scuppers if they
are too low and rely on bilge pumps.

In the pic he gave, the scupper was even with the cockpit sole, so why
have a bilge pump? Where is the pump pumping if the deck is supposed
to be sealed?

Oi! Oi! Oi!

Honest to goodness, sir, you have no business heading 50 miles out into
the Atlantic Ocean in a little outboard boat, and I mean no insult.

I agree.

When we were in Florida (Jupiter) even the big boats planning the crossing
would assemble down by Peanut Island, wait for good weather, then all make
the crossing together.

Eisboch

No problem going out to sea in a small boat if a bigger one is around to
rescue you.
http://cma-virtualftv.org/?p=7695

HK HK is offline

Calif Bill wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message

[...]

That's simply not true. All manner of horrible things can happen if your
boat swamps or is holed or is flipped, even if there is a rescue boat
nearby. It's less of a problem if there is a boat nearby, but the
situation remains dangerous.

Where do you guys get these ideas?

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.com...
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:09:50 -0400, hk penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Calif Bill wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message

[...]

Harry, I took that little bit of allusion to the Golden Bear to be a
bit tongue-in-cheek.....

--
Agent 5.00 Build 1159

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Certain people here are humor challenged.