HK HK is offline

Default Self bailing or not

RMR wrote:
Well as long as this type of post can get through, but I can't
respond, this is useless for me to be here.
Oh, well... Gene knew folks would play with the spirit of the thing.
If you are reading here, you won't see me anymore as my posting server
is blocked too.. later, been fun...

Why not hold off on jumping to conclusions? Gene said the other day he
was going to be twiddling with settings for a while.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:12:21 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:12:28 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:56:46 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 18, 1:46 pm, hk wrote:

The proper advice is to advise O'Hara not make the trip in his Tolman.
It's just too risky, especially for a guy that whatever his sailboating
experience seems really limited on open ocean powerboat experience.

Because I don't talk out of my ass, I know about wood/composite
construction and flotation, that's what I will talk about. Folks just
need to know that your info is often scewed by, who knows what? Often
times either googled, or worse, wiki, then taken out of context or
edited, or just plain bull**** all together, just to fight. Your
constant mocking and trolling keeps many good folks from posting here.
You talk out of your ass constantly, Scotty... or maybe it's just your
breath.

Or perhaps a faulty nose. Scotty usually knows what he's talking about when
it comes to homemade boats.

Well, if you hadn't jammed your nose so tightly in Scotty's ass, you
wouldn't have broken it. You have only yourself to blame.

Herring knows virtually nothing about boats, so when he claims "Scotty
usually knows what he's talking about" in boats, the comment is even
funnier. "Scotty" seems to know how to build dinghies and rowboats, but
that doesn't mean he knows how to build ocean-capable wood boats. It's
not just a matter of stretching out the dimensions and making that
dinghy or rowboat larger.

--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do
something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do

— Edward Everett Hale (1822-1909)

On Aug 18, 3:11*pm, wrote:
On Aug 18, 2:50 pm, hk wrote:

wrote:

The proper advice is to advise O'Hara not make the trip in his Tolman.

RMR RMR is offline

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:33:34 -0400, hk wrote:

Herring knows virtually nothing about boats, so when he claims "Scotty
usually knows what he's talking about" in boats, the comment is even
funnier. "Scotty" seems to know how to build dinghies and rowboats, but
that doesn't mean he knows how to build ocean-capable wood boats. It's
not just a matter of stretching out the dimensions and making that
dinghy or rowboat larger

These kinds of personal attacks should be filtered here. New boaters
and some who know what they are talking about without search engines
will not be willing to post real info if this continues...

Bailing Bucket John Cruising 6 July 7th 10 03:51 PM
durable/reliable gasoline pump for emergency bailing ? Courtney Thomas Cruising 13 February 2nd 06 03:04 AM
What Does "Self Bailing" Mean for a 18-ft Center Console? [email protected] General 20 December 28th 05 09:09 PM
Wanted to buy: 4-6 man self bailing raft, Puma,Shredder? Mark Tootle General 0 December 20th 03 05:00 PM
Wanted: Small 4-6 man self bailing raft, Puma, Shredder etc. Mark Tootle Whitewater 0 December 19th 03 06:06 PM