HK HK is offline

Default Some 'Performance' Stats for new Parker 34-footer...

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

The following performance data was provided by Yamaha.
Performance will vary depending on conditions and load.

Minimum speed is too fast for tuna.

Eisboch

Uh...that's not minimum speed...that's the speed at 1000 rpm. :)

The F350's have a trolling throttle controller, +/- 50 rpm increments
(600 - 1000 rpm range) via the Command Link System.

My F150 runs just fine at 600 rpm, and according to my gps, I can power
the boat forward in still water at under one mph if I want. I assume most
modern outboards can run real slow, except maybe some of the two stroke
engines.

I know. Just trying to be a wise ass.
The Egg Harbor we had couldn't troll slow enough for tuna with both engines
running and in gear. It didn't have trolling valves, so I often had to let
one engine idle in neutral and use the other for the *magic* tuna trolling
speed of about 3 kts.

Eisboch

Hmmmm. I used to troll my tuna spreads at five to 10 mph for yellowfin
and blackfin tuna.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

And you never got a hit, did ya?

Way too fast.

Eisboch

On Aug 7, 5:25*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

*Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
news:h5mdnVgKmoX1hQbVnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@comcast. com...

[...]

Oh boy, pass the popcorn and my tall boots....

Way too fast.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Aug 7, 5:25 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

This from a guy who couldn't catch tuna in a can at a supermarket?

--
Republicans - They Take Special Pride in their Ignorance.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Caught lots of yellowfin, not so many blackfin, but did catch some of
the latter. That's the speed range the entire "fleet" off NE Florida
trolled for yellowfin and blackfin. And I noticed on several of Tred
Barta's tv shows, he's trolling for tuna at at least the speeds I
mentioned. I suppose I could find some "expert" mentioned those speeds
on a legit site somewhere...if I looked.

--
Republicans - They Take Special Pride in their Ignorance.

HK HK is offline

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

"Fishing For Yellowfin Tuna

Yellowfin fishing can start as early as late May depending on
water temperature. Late June is more typical. Locally, They are most
likely to show up first along the edge of Norfolk, Washington or Poor
Man's canyon. Anglers may find success with a variety of daisy chains,
artificial squid, spreader bars, small bullet shaped lures or rigged
baits such as ballyhoo.

I like to fish for them right on the drop from 300 to 600 feet.
Most early season bites that I have experienced have been from 7 or 8 am
till about 10 am. Arriving later is typically a waste this time of year.
I like to leave the dock about 4:30 for this early season fishing.

*** Preferred lures include spreader bars, daisy chains of
artificial squid and the basic ballyhoo/sea witch or ballyhoo/feather
jig combinations. Trolling speeds are usualy 5.5 - 7 knots, depending on
the boat and sea condtions. ***

http://www.daybreakfishing.com/Yellowfin-Tuna.html

--
Republicans - They Take Special Pride in their Ignorance.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Oh. Those are the high performance, southern tuna.
I am talking about the lazy fat ones up here.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I've never been tuna fishing up your way. But Tred Barta has...or darn
close to where you are.

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:15:11 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Oh. Those are the high performance, southern tuna.
I am talking about the lazy fat ones up here.

ROTFL!!!

On Aug 7, 5:36*pm, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

*Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

Republicans - They Take Special Pride in their Ignorance.- Hide quoted text -

Bull****, liar.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=188316