HK HK is offline

Default Some 'Performance' Stats for new Parker 34-footer...

There was a bit of interest in specifications and performance for the
new Parker 34 with the twin F350s. This is what will be on the Yamaha
site soon:

The following performance data was provided by Yamaha.
Performance will vary depending on conditions and load.

1000 rpm, 6.8 mph, 2.9 gph, 2.37 mpg
1500 rpm, 8.2 mph, 5.1 gph, 1.61 mpg
2000 rpm, 9.7 mph, 9.1 gph, 1.07 mpg
2500 rpm, 12.0 mph, 12.8 gph, .93 mpg
3000 rpm, 19.5 mph, 18.1 gph, 1.08 mpg
3500 rpm, 27.3 mph, 22.9 gph, 1.19 mpg
4000 rpm, 33.2 mph, 26.0 gph, 1.28 mpg
4500 rpm, 37.7 mph, 33.3 gph, 1.13 mpg
5000 rpm, 42.7 mph, 42.3 gph, 1.01 mpg
5500 rpm, 47.7 mph, 52.9 gph, .90 mpg
6000 rpm, 52.6 mph, 67.9 gph, .78 mpg

Time to plane: 5.25 seconds
0 to 30 mph: 8.65 seconds

Test was performed with air temp of 89 degrees, water temp 82 degrees
Wind velocity: 10 to 15 mph
Weight as tested: 16,130 lbs

Prop: Sal****er Series XL, 16 1/4 x 19, Polished Stainless Steel

Interestingly, 4000 rpm is the "cruise" mpg sweet spot for my little
Yamaha F150, too.

Here's a factory-supplied shot of the main cabin of the first production
boat:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...m_aft2_107.jpg

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Minimum speed is too fast for tuna.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You might need to purchase a 70 HP kicker for a barge that big.

"BAR" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

It's not a bad looking cabin though. Simple, but functional. Reminds me
of a modern version of my father-in-law's 1972 Uniflite.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Uh...that's not minimum speed...that's the speed at 1000 rpm. :)

The F350's have a trolling throttle controller, +/- 50 rpm increments
(600 - 1000 rpm range) via the Command Link System.

My F150 runs just fine at 600 rpm, and according to my gps, I can power
the boat forward in still water at under one mph if I want. I assume
most modern outboards can run real slow, except maybe some of the two
stroke engines.

Jim Jim is offline

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
There was a bit of interest in specifications and performance for the new
Parker 34 with the twin F350s. This is what will be on the Yamaha site
soon:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=o8fhux&s=4

"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

The following performance data was provided by Yamaha.
Performance will vary depending on conditions and load.

Minimum speed is too fast for tuna.

Eisboch

Uh...that's not minimum speed...that's the speed at 1000 rpm. :)

The F350's have a trolling throttle controller, +/- 50 rpm increments
(600 - 1000 rpm range) via the Command Link System.

My F150 runs just fine at 600 rpm, and according to my gps, I can power
the boat forward in still water at under one mph if I want. I assume most
modern outboards can run real slow, except maybe some of the two stroke
engines.

I know. Just trying to be a wise ass.
The Egg Harbor we had couldn't troll slow enough for tuna with both engines
running and in gear. It didn't have trolling valves, so I often had to let
one engine idle in neutral and use the other for the *magic* tuna trolling
speed of about 3 kts.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Aug 7, 12:11*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

*Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but you got wafa to make up some more stories

wrote in message

On Aug 7, 12:11 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

I know. Just trying to be a wise ass.
The Egg Harbor we had couldn't troll slow enough for tuna with both
engines
running and in gear. It didn't have trolling valves, so I often had to let
one engine idle in neutral and use the other for the *magic* tuna trolling
speed of about 3 kts.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but you got wafa to make up some more stories

Actually, I lied. The *magic* tuna trolling speed is roughly 3.14159 kts.
Interesting, huh?

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Hmmmm. I used to troll my tuna spreads at five to 10 mph for yellowfin
and blackfin tuna.